SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 26, 2006, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Previous Post About Marketing A Computer Repair Business

Hi..

The one thing that worked the best for me some 25 years ago when I started my computer store was to:

1. Find one customer
2. Treat them right
3. Call them later and ask how things are going, ask for a referral. Offer a free hour of support for each referral. Back then it was only $20 per hour, but it worked.

If you get no leads, use other tools like going to related services and introducing your self and handing out business cards. Also, try to specialize in something that the other people do not do. I had young high school kid come in every week for a year to ask if I would send him work for Macintoshes. I did not work on Macintosh, so it was fine with me. He always sent me something nice if I gave a referral too... a six pack of pop for the guys or bagels or something....

There are so many ways... classifieds, business cards on bulletin boards. going to users groups, contacting the sba, score, going to networking groups.

The networking groups are probably the best..

GOOD LUCK!

John Davin
JohnDavin.com

I have lots of tips... would have to put them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey to everyone I was wondering if anyone could remember or show me the link to a post that used to be in the old form about starting a computer repair business it was an ad (classified I think) someone ran to get their business started.

I tried doing a search in the old forum, but no luck.

Also any low cost ideas for marketing a pc service business not so much fixing computers but more so removing spy ware, installing software, setting up wireless networks, computer training etc.

Maybe Don can help also he has some great effective marketing ideas.