SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 30, 2006, 12:19 AM
Don Alm

Default Here's a "Marketing Tool" to use NOW!

For anyone who owns or knows the owners of local retail and service businesses. In fact, THIS will even work for Professionals like Accountants or even Doctors or Dentists.

It has to do with acquiring "NEW"....CUSTOMERS, CLIENTS or PATIENTS.

This was done by a jewelry store owner whose business was downtown and the franchise stores in the Mall were getting most of the jewelry business.

He HAD TO come up with a way to get "Christmas Gift" business...otherwise he'd have to shut down after the 1st of the year.

Here's what he did;

He made up a nice looking "$50 Gift Certificate" and sent it to local business owners, along with a letter explaining that they could use these as "Christmas Bonuses" and that they were good for 50 bux on anything in his jewelry store. They could have one Gift Cert for every employee.

This would make them, as employers....look "Good" to their employees....and it wouldn't cost them a dime.

So...many of the employers receiving this offer...took him up on his deal and ordered Certs for all their employees.

He sent out about 2500 Certs....and....after the dust settled, he had done over a million bux worth of retail business.

Sure...some people bought a $50 charm or costume jewelry piece.... BUT....others bought items costing a few thousand.

This one "Marketing" technique put this jeweler back in biz. I don't know if he's still using this but...

....a $25 or $50 Gift Cert given to employees by their bosses.... COULD bring in LOTS of biz for retail or service businesses....even Doctors or Dentists.

One dentist, who was a "regular" client when I was doing a "Val Pak" type mailing of discount coupons....wanted me to send out a Special Mailing to local homeowners....offering a $25 discount off any Dental Service.

I changed his mind and helped him write a Special Sales Letter to local employers....offering a FREE TEETH CLEANING to their employees as a "Special Christmas Bonus". I'm not sure if he's going to go thru with it BUT, I would venture to say he would get LOTS of takers AND...I think many who got the free cleaning would use him to do any dental work they needed.

But RIGHT NOW....is the best time to try this.

Don Alm