Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Re: I'd like to put a dab of money into an online venture - But what??
Save your money Bea.
I haven't heard good things about David Cannard.
You'll probably end up losing a lot of money with google adwords. Its a tough thing to master.
Rich Jerk manual is basic.
To run any site, you'll at least need to:
1. buy a domain name
2. buy hosting
Which would leave you with just $30-35 for promotion.
Here is what I would do with $60-70.
1. Find a hot topic. Research the magazine racks or amazon.com best selling lists.
2. Write a hotsheet or a report. 12-16 pages. Or if you have the equipment, create a 30 minute audio.
3. Buy a domain and hosting.
4. Create a mailing list form on that website.
5. As soon as people subscribe to your mailing list, they see the sales letter where they can buy the hotsheet or audio for $7-15.
6. You can setup accepting payment with paypal.com
7. Spend the remaining $30-35 in promoting the website. Check out the classified section of the magazines you found in bullet-point-one - maybe you can buy a 2 line ad for $35?.
8. Re-invest the $7-15 per sale that you get in promoting the website.
9. You make money at the backend. Selling other people's products to your list. Or creating new hotsheets, audios, videos and higher end products to sell to the list.
Hope this helps you.
Other recent posts on the forum...