SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10, 2002, 11:39 PM
Don Alm

Default Don Alm's 2 New ZINGER Money-Makers

First off...Congrats Joe Delbecq for taking "just an idea and running with it". Re: The EMAIL CLUB program. I hope ya get that Pizza Chain.

Here's a report on 2 items I am making some SERIOUS money with;

1) COFFEE SLEEVE ADS - I discovered that the 8 coffee stands in my town are selling an average of 50,000 expensive cups of coffee each month. (We are in Starbucks country) I went to the 3 people who own these stands (1 owns 2, 1 owns 2 and 1 owns 4) and offered to provide them with FREE sleeves (they're also called "Java-Jackets")

They all said "GREAT!"

I then contacted the maker of these sleeves and found that my cost would be 4cents ea printed.

I then went to a car dealer, radio station and cell phone provider and asked them if they'd like to have their logo or ad in front of an AFFLUENT AUDIENCE for 30 MINUTES.

I told them I'd put THEIR LOGO or AD on 50,000 Coffee Sleeves for 12cents ea....$6,000.

They said, "Do It!"

$12,000 for a little "work". Should keep me busy "part-time" for the rest of the year.

2) One day, as I was watching the owner of my favorite restaurant change the Daily Specials on his "Daily Specials Board"...I got a HOT FLASH.

"EVERYONE who comes into this restaurant looks at this Daily Specials Board. Why not put ADS OF LOCAL BUSINESSES on this Board? They would be SEEN by people going out to eat."

So...my next thought was; "WHY would a restaurant owner use a Board I gave him that had ADS on it?"

I thought;
"2 Reasons;
1) The Board would be NICE LOOKING, like a piece of fine furniture.
2) The restaurant would have a chance to SUPPORT local businesses who support him

So...I went to a carpenter friend....gave him a set of plans and told him to make me a sample.

I took photos of the sample...showed them to my restaurant friend and told him I would provide him with my fancy SOLID OAK Daily Specials Board for FREE! He said, "FINE! DO IT!"

I then showed the photos to some local business owners...told them they could have a space on this Board that would be seen by EVERYONE eating at this restaurant for $550 for 1 year or $$850 for 2 yrs.

8 of them took the 2 yrs option.

$6,850 in 2 days, for a little "work"

I now have permission from 20 restaurants in my area so it looks like I will be busy "OffLine" for awhile...except in eves.

I am NOT selling this as a Biz-Op BUT...you can see what my Daily Specials Board looks like at the link below.

Give these programs some SERIOUS THOUGHT and remember...there is LIFE OffLine!

Thanks for reading....Don Alm

My Daily Specials Board