SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26, 2002, 05:09 PM
Dave Roberts

Default Amazing Things Happening With Two Forums

In 5 years of posting on marketing forums and hours lurking and learning something stunning has happened there is an amazing synergy developing between SowPub and http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/166590. These two forums are literally wiping the others out. BTW, as the rumor has it I am the owner of the other forum, I am not and I don't know who is, but I found out it doesn't matter it is so good.

I come here for more esoteric readings, Dien is well versed in many subjects. First, I want to make this very clear, some forums setup posts to start controversy kind of like wrestling, 4 years ago and then again about 2 years ago someone who likes to put up fake posts with other peoples names attached to them attacked Gordon. I have written Gordon and as far as I know all is well be us. Just to let everyone know, Gordon had some wonderful posts about new ideas he had come up with, when he posted them on one particular forum he would get mangled to a bloody mess, but he kept on posting his ideas, I didn't understand the dymanics of what was going on and kept coming to Gordon's defense, then the moderator called and told me to stop. Some of Gordon's posts were real gems.

But what is great about these forums they don't need 30 moderators only a a couple of very knowledgeable and sensible people and the forums work very well. A good example, someone posted on the other forum questioning about 20 possible ways something could go wrong. I broke off a fairly harsh take, nothing personal, but how in general you can never get anywhere if you always have questions instead of acting upon an idea and taking action. The person's feeling where hurt a bit, I posted it wasn't meant to be anything but a lesson in why people fail. The moderators left it and it turned into a very nice thread. I don't think Dien would have left my post, but that isn't how his forum has evolved. His is much more nebulous and can go anywhere and it is not as hard core marketing, maybe more of an idea place and a few warm fuzzies thrown in. That is why these two forums work so well together. Also, it has brought back and together some of the all time famous posters, such as Mike Ross. What a changed person, but very exciting to read, once the forum pit bull but still a must read back in the day, Gordon is back and has been here a long time but was off doing other things for a couple of years.

If you can't get the Internet marketing information between these two forums then it doesn't exist.

Dave Roberts

PS Dien, I did some PD work with Richard Feynman, can you guess what I did before I started a business on the Internet.

Hard Core Marketing at it's Best