SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 16, 2002, 06:35 PM
Boyd Stone

Default Re: The "seeds" from George Haylings have sprouted a few saplings (and at least one giant tree)....

Hi,

Thanks for asking, you know that makes me think of something: people rarely ask me questions about what I know because I never tell what I'm doing, and therefore people don't tend to believe I know what I'm talking about or something. Constrast me with the type person who constantly brags about his acheivements, most of which aren't verifiable, and gains a huge following--of the two of us, I might turn out to be a more reliable source of info...

I'm doing some cool stuff right now, and I can tell I need to find a way to tell somebody about it, just to keep me on an even keel.

Pardon me for this message, I'm doing the 100 hour a week thing and I'm not used to it yet. Speaking of which, a discussion occurred recently on an "adult" webmaster forum about hours per week. The guy I respect most on the "adult" scene works 120 hours a week, and a female webmaster told how she sleeps four hours a day, taking two 2-hour naps, and the most commonly worked week consisted of 100 hours... "Adult" webmasters make money by building sites and marketing sites and building sites and marketing sites, etc., etc. for all those hours. And that's how we can make money as well.

Back to Halbert and Haylings, I have two Haylings books, and I keep them in a separate building along with backups and irreplaceable books and other stuff, in case our house burns down, and I can't get to my Haylings books right now, but in one of them is a description of a way to make money consisting of making family crests for people to display. Halbert said he got the idea by reading in a "newspaper" about a lady doing it, but maybe he saw it in Haylings's "newsletter" instead--didn't Mr. Haylings publish a newsletter?

Anyway, that's all I got...

Best,

- Boyd