SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 15, 2002, 03:29 PM
Paul Short

Default To all the skeptics out there...

Hi all,

I posted a couple of questions below asking about how I should word a salesletter in order to present my new book to the marketplace.

I've recieved a few responses (thank you all sincerely for your insightful responses) saying that they need testimonials in order to prove the true value of the techniques in this book before they buy!

Hmmm... I don't believe in testmonials as much as everyone else. Don't get me wrong here though. Testimonials from other credible sources are a trusted mainstay on the web.

But how about if you had a way to Prove to Yourself that the techniques outlined in an ebook would work for You and Your Website first... before you decided to make a purchase??

So here's a challenge for you. I'll take part of a chapter out of my book and give it to anyone who emails me and asks. Use it exactly as instructed and you WILL get the results promised. The only way you won't get the results promised is if you don't use the info.

This will prove to anyone who follows the plan that it will work beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And this will be the basis of the salesletter for my site as well. You need to prove to yourself that my techniques work... why listen to someone else?

I went to the hardware store a week ago to buy a new drill for my offline business. The salesperson stopped me when I tried to plug it into a wall outlet. When I asked why, he said it was against store policy to allow people to plug things in and try them at the store. Someone could hurt themselves with the equipment and the store may get sued.

I bought the drill somewhere else... a store that allowed me to try it out first... just to see if it ran.

If I were in the market for a new car, I would certainly listen to what others had to say about it. But the ultimate challenge would be the test drive... me behind the wheel making sure the car was for me before I bought it.

So who want's to "Test Drive" a radical new ebook?

Respectfully,

Paul Short
GoogleSecrets.com

PS. The responses and ensuing thread should be interesting ;-) You may find out that when presented with the challenge of proving something DOESN'T work, people sing a different tune.