SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 15, 2000, 01:55 AM
Dien Rice

Default Re: Idea room

Hi Sandy,

> I'm not sure how this could be set up
> but you might want to consider having
> a private forum room for posting ideas.
> And either regularly or periodically
> present an analysis of a few of the ideas
> posted and a mini marketing plan for that
> idea from the RH point of view. This would
> be an incentive for people to post ideas because
> their idea might be the one chosen for
> analysis.

Sandy, I think that's a very interesting idea!

I think this general idea... of some sort of "Idea room" as you've said, may have a future.... Though it does require some more thought....

I also thought of a problem which I think would have to be solved....

I know that I generally don't tell my ideas to just anybody.

For example, there are some people who I feel comfortable telling my ideas to.... I trust them, and also I know that they are open-minded, and will be open-minded to the possibilities.... I don't mind people telling me problems my idea may have, but ONLY if they can back it up with some sort of logical reasoning or some sort of related experience of their own....

On the other hand, there are other people who seem to be closed-minded to anything new. They shoot down any new idea, but when they are questioned there seems to be no real reasoning or experience behind their words.... It turns out to be simple closed-mindedness.

I also have people close to me who are a bit like this.... While I'm still good friends with them, I usually don't tell them my new ideas until I've already started to implement them, since I know that their feedback generally won't help me at all....

I think this is something we'd have to watch for.... Making sure it was a "safe" atmosphere of open-minded people and for truly creative ideas....

There are several people I know who really are incredibly creative, and full of a constant stream of ideas.... It would be great to have an "Idea room" where such people would feel safe to share some of their ideas.... (I know that many participants in this forum are incredibly creative too....)

Even if these ideas are not used by anyone, being in such a creative environment I think could stimulate many people to come up with interesting ideas of their own....

Thank you Sandy for your feedback.... This is an idea I'll be rolling over in the back of my mind, to see if anything interesting and practical comes up.... :)

Cheers,

Dien

P.S. About the interview ideas we talked about earlier, I still plan to try to implement them.... Don't worry, I haven't forgotten, and I'm seeking some more feedback.... :)