SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 18, 2000, 10:11 AM
Amber Sorenson

Default Cafepress.com...more stuff coming

Great idea, Gordon, for you to take advantage of cafepress.com to expand your offerings.

I was excited when I read about cafepress.com on a site for 'creatives' this past spring. I thought it was the greatest thing - at that time anyway - since sliced bread when I happened across it.

Also, there is a helpful forum on cafepress.com for store owners to ask questions. I read a post awhile back that stated that new items are going to be added to the current store products - baseball caps, men and women's tank tops, sweatshirts, long sleeve t-shirts, women's baby doll t-shirts and boxer shorts are included.

There are also requests to the 'powers that be', by the store owners, to add bumper-stickers and calendars. And maybe even more groovy stuff to come down the line.

And from what I understand, we are not limited to the number of stores that we can open.

I agree that the products are overpriced and the ones making the significant money are the owners of cafepress.com! :)

We've decided to use cafepress.com for a silly novelty item we have been working on as a family project. If the public doesn't want to buy the actual 'product', then hopefully they won't leave the site empty handed - and will pick up a t-shirt or mug at least. The possibilities of using this site are exciting. Just wish the 'base prices' on the items were more reasonable.

But, a dollar here..a dollar there...it all adds up and while we are trying to make a dollar off our t-shirts and mugs, cafepress.com is getting rich!

Hooray for them since they had their act together early on and now have thousands of stores already signed up.

If you click on 'tour' at the top of the page on their site, you can get lots of ideas about how others are using that site. I believe that the 'tour', which features different shops, changes daily. So, a person can get a good 'feel' for the range of artistic expression and/or logo products selling.

~ Amber

> It took me 10 minutes.

> Might take you less.

> Check it out:

> http://www.cafepress.com/sq1/ Four NEWLY
> created products.

> I think I'll put the DOL on a mousepad.

> Now. I think these are a bit overpriced,
> but, they are competitive to CUSTOM made
> STUFF.

> So, want to test this out?

> Buy a mousepad with RH on it, and I'll (here
> is where HELP comes in)...

> I'll give you 100% off of my soon to be open
> PRIVATE MEMBERS only site...OR...

> A FREE month at the PRIVATE MEMBERS only
> site...or...

> My next e-book for FREE...OR...

> FORGET ABOUT IT.......