SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 27, 2007, 11:38 AM
James Anthony

Default The "gift" of ADHD....

I'm in the middle of an incredible book that is talking about some things that I've dealt with for years with myself and my son and have tried to explain to people many times but nobody really seems to get it.

I often explain myself as just "being wired" as an entrepreneur. There's some of us out there that are this way because it's just something that we are born with and have to do. We just think different. The idea of having a job and follow someone else's rules fits nowhere in our reality.

It all stems from the DRD4 gene that a small percentage of us are born with. This book refers to it as the "DaVinci gene"

This is the gene that doctors like to think is the "cause" of adhd but this book is explaining what I've thought all along....

The actual "cause" of adhd is not the gene itself. The gene is a gift. A majority of our society isn't born with this gene and since our way of thinking doesn't fit in with the rest of the world, we are labeled with a "disorder" that the structure of our society can't adapt to.

The actual "cause" of adhd is from society trying to make us "fit in" where our natural creativity, combined with our impulsive behavior and need to take things to limit are repressed.

We're stuck in classrooms, sitting behind desks and forced to listen to teachers talk about things that we have no interest in learning or things we already understand.

We act out and we are disruptive in those situations. All we want is to get the hell out of that classroom and go figure stuff out on our own!

When we can't adapt to society's rules and structure, we're given mind altering drugs like ritilan or adderall to make us "fit in".

Thankfully, for me at least, I never bought into the drug thing and have learned to adapt using my naturally abilities. Rather than repress them like society thinks we should, I embrace them and use them to my advantage.

For anyone out there that has ever been given this bogus add/adhd label, or has children with the label, I highly recommend getting this book - "The DaVinci method" found at....

http://www.davincimethod.com/

It will really open your eyes to what this "gift" is all about and how to use it to your advantage in the real world.

If this doesn't apply to you but you want to learn a little more about it, you can listen to a 30 minute interview of the author at....

http://garret.hipcast.com/download/f...3277a2bde7.mp3

Jim