Go to the Main Business Forum page

How to protect yourself from the coronavirus... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to protect yourself from the coronavirus...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Dien Rice
March 10, 2020, 02:27 PM
Yes, apparently vitamin C on larges doses avoid getting thecoronavirus and Healsfar as I read. I take big doses daily, 6g-10g daily (yes, grams, not militrams! 6000mg - 10.000mg daily). I recommend read the website www.DoctorYourSelf.com. I benefit a LOT of Orthomolecular Medicine.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing that!

I'm currently taking 6 g of vitamin C a day (6000 mg), 3000 mg in the morning, and 3000 mg at night...

I read a scientific article* which said that if you take doses of 500 mg or more, of vitamin C, 12 hours apart, you keep the vitamin C continuously in your bloodstream. So it seems good to take half your daily dose twice a day, rather than just taking it once a day...

Also, personally I take sodium ascorbate, which is low-acidity vitamin C, rather than ascorbic acid, which is high acidity. I think it's a bit gentler on your tummy...!

Thanks again, Mike... I hope we all get through this...

Best wishes,

Dien

* This is the summary (abstract) of the article, which gives the results...
"Rate of excretion of vitamin C in human urine"
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02435011
In summary... "A dose of 500 mg taken every 12 hr led to continuously-detectable levels of vitamin C in the urine."
That means that, as long as you take at least 500 mg per dose, if you take them 12 hours apart, you'll have a continuously positive level of vitamin C in your bloodstream...

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page