Go to the Main Business Forum page

Should I fire my client? [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Should I fire my client?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Ravedesigns
October 11, 2006, 12:38 AM
Hi Larry,

Unfortunately your friend just doesn't "get it" and he obviously doesn't see the value in what you''re offering him.

Your have two options as I see it...

1) Try to educate him about the benefits of developing a customer email list and develop relationships with these folks

or

2) Talk to other business owners in your town and find someone who "gets it" and is anxious to have someone like you helping them out.

Personally, I think you can waste a lot of time and effort in trying to convince this guy so I would try to find someone who sees the value in what you want to do and offer to help them. Unfortunately when people don't have any money at stake in a project they don't put much value on it, so maybe you could charge a discounted fee to another interested business or two in return for their testimonials at a later date?

Bottom like is I say fire this guy and move on to people who are willing to work with you. Sure, you can work hard to sell your ideas to people, but it may take less time and effort to just sort through the folks in your market and work with those that see the benefits right away.

Good luck,

Steve

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page