Go to the Main Business Forum page

The ANTI Manifesto for Internet Wannabees...OR, do you really want to walk around in [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The ANTI Manifesto for Internet Wannabees...OR, do you really want to walk around in

Pages : 1 [2] 3

GordonJ
October 20, 2006, 02:55 PM
all my creative babies that haven't seen the light of day.

Do you too have "stuff" that is laying around, I mean the creative stuff? The babies that came out of your head?

ebooks started not finished?
web sites almost ready to go?
hotsheets?

Poems, plays or scripts for the big screen?

Like most so called 'creative' people, I too have a lot of things taking up space on my computer. Good thing MOST of it never got finished, I'd have been rich, we wouldn't want that to happen now would we?

Is there an eBay for Intellectual Property aborning? Give your ideas away and they are perceived as worthless.

Sell them for thousands of dollars, you are a genius (or a perceived one and your bank account doesn't suffer either).

But some, you do for yourself. For your heart. For your soul.

Not much of my poetry has seen much sunshine. And that is OK with me.

Not many of my fiction stories have been read. OK too.

NONE of my scripts have been submitted. One about a Vietnam seasoned nurse in Subic Bay PI during the late 60's who became a guardian angel to the 100,000 prostitutes needed to service American GI's...(it's my FAV)...sits awaiting an envelope.

And only a handful of stories, turned into posts here, there and in the WAY BACK machine have been "published", even virtually.

And I bet I'm NOT alone am I? This little marketing lake of the Internet is dwarfed by the Oceans and Great Lakes of other preoccupations.

So, what do you do with your "stuff", that stuff you can't carry, the stuff without boundaries, borders or barriers?

Do you leave them for the cedarchest?

I was just wondering. The "marketing" making money stuff is easy to find a place for...

But what do you do with all that ethereal, ephemeral and evanescent stuff that has a place in your heart, but not in your hard drive any more?

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. Don't really expect an answer, but if you have any wistful comments, feel free to express them. Oh, and as to the marketing stuff I did find a place for it, you can see that eBay at 220039829596 listing.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page