Go to the Main Business Forum page

Take A Trip Down Memory Lane... Do You Remember These 37 Strange Fads? [Archive] - Page 11 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Take A Trip Down Memory Lane... Do You Remember These 37 Strange Fads?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

Bill
April 19, 2007, 09:42 PM
Jim,

Check out this ant farm for the 21st century:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/6fd6/

It's funny that these are listed as "fads" because....

We've got an ant farm - I figured that they had been popular since I was a kid

The Metric system - We use it daily in the shop and couldn't live without it. I find it hard to believe that us Americans haven't totally adapted to it because it makes so much more sense than the silly system we currently use.

Pac-Man - Still my favorite game when I go to the arcade. My son loves it too.

Rubik's Cube - For 30 years, I've never been without one and have probably never gone a month without trying to figure it out. It's always been like a lifelong goal to solve the thing and I finally did late last year. Actually, "solve" is a big word. I watched some videos explaining how to do it and I'm now convinced that almost anybody can do it with a couple hours of instruction.

Waterbeds - I haven't been without one since I was 10 but I've upgraded to a Somma

Fads? I don't know, but I'd sure like to see that Toga Party thing get revived.

And thanks for the link about the spud gun. We were just talking about building one of these the other day.

Jim

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page