bland selling sites [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bland selling sites

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

DominumBelli
July 8, 2008, 02:32 AM
Ah... I tend to resize my browser! :)

(So it's not so wide...)

Though I know many people like to "surf" online with their browsers on "full screen" size...

I think the answer to that is probably to limit the width of the text on the website. I haven't really done that with my sites - though I probably should!
- Dien

Yep, this is definately what I've done with every website I've created in the past. Keep it easy to read. There used to be a great site I read ages ago that displayed all it's articles in a format that made you feel like you were reading a magazine. Information in 2-3 columns, easy reading, beautifully presented. Couldn't find it again at short notice, but I did come up with this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_148/4871-A-Wink-is-as-Good-as-a-Pixelated-Nipple

ok, a bit tongue in cheek. Still if you can focus on just the area of the article (ignore the heading and the adverts on the right), it displays it's text information in a very attractive fashion (pun fully intended) has graphics to make it visually appealing, and has the main "selling point text" repeated in a large block, different colored text, and even in that the sales lines are extra emphasized.

Now I've written that, I'm wishing I chose a different example, so my meaning isn't lost :P Hope what I wrote makes sense :P

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page