Web 2.0's Importance [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Web 2.0's Importance

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Unregistered
August 4, 2008, 08:17 PM
here is the complete article about web 2.0

Web 2.0’s Importance on Entrepreneur

Web 2.0 is the new face of World Wide Web, where in there is an enhancement in the feature of Web 1.0, in Web 1.0 the site administrator has been burdened with updating the website but in Web 2.0, the site administrator shares the task with the users creating it a more harmonious environment where in people get to experience things like becoming authors or mentors, sharing information over the web, basically bringing in the experience from a desktop in to the browser.
As Tim O’ Reilly quoted “The network is the platform and there is one cardinal rule User’s add value , If a Web 2.0 company has figured out database that gets better the more people use it then that is the secret sauce.”
The evolution of social networking sites, blogs, forums, where in users can interact freely like sharing information, uploading and sharing pictures and even gets in control of personal information, has brought great impact in to the world.

Web 2.0 has provided great impact to the economy these days, rich countries can already share there business through out the web to the poorer countries by bringing in jobs like people from poorer countries can work virtually with the rich countries, as long as there is an internet connection, then task/s will be completed.

Entrepreneurs have generated numerous benefits from Web 2.0, especially with social networking sites, blogs and forums. Benefits that will help an entrepreneur prosper in a business, like lowering the cost of business as the amount of money spent while doing the traditional business, saving the amount of money for advertisement. The following are things that need to be done when exposing oneself to the tools of Web 2.0

a.) Advertise Freely ( Never pitch in directly about your products/services, sites administrator might block your account)
b.) Create a web of friends who can help you with your business ( but limit them)
c.) Share/Post useful information that can benefit others who are in the same industry.
d.) Join groups who shares with the same passion.
e.) Create a video that will help you for your Branding.

The functions of Web 2.0 are some of the tools that I consider that entrepreneurs found useful, interacting with other people will make it possible for an entrepreneur to expand a business without spending a lot of money, and the results are reflected directly on the amount of effort that an entrepreneur has exerted, take for example an entrepreneur will post useful information that others might use it for self improvement or others might use it as an article for support on a created article or others might use it as a proof that he/she has found the right mentor, a mentor whom he/she can trust in order to guide him/her to start on a business, then this is where the ball starts rolling.
Web 2.0 help entrepreneurs change tactics on how to sell, by not chasing people down or cold calling people that others may think as a harassment, but Web 2.0 helped entrepreneurs by cutting down the effort on getting people to be on the business, it help entrepreneurs to help others find the right business for them, the fact is people who are not yet in a business and people who wanted to be in a business doesn’t really know what they want, so these people seek guidance, and these people are looking for ways to gather information through forums, blogs, and social sites, if these people had already found the perfect match of the personality that they are looking for ,so this is where the sharing of information starts, in this way the entrepreneur has given the option to work on the right person . Making the entrepreneur’s business productive and hassle free.

(I only pasted one paragraph from the whole article on the first post and all of my articles were not copied but all of it this was created by me and written by me, and I am really proud of it...)

Raysa,

Thanks for jumping back in.

Your articles are not articles.

Look at that Web 2 thing you posted. It wasn't an article. Not by any stretch of the imagination. It was a single paragraph with three sentences. And it has no use to the reader.

And your other stuff is just regurgitated from somewhere else. As if you just read about it somewhere, then either copied and pasted it - or - did a bit of a rewrite and pasted it here. And to someone wanting to know that kind of info, a quick Google will reveal a plethora of similar - and better - full length articles that go in to much more detail.

Look. It is plainly evident that you are posting your Articles here for two reasons...

#1: To get a link in to whatever it is you are selling or are an affiliate of.

#2: To try to pass yourself off as someone knowledgeable in the field.

But in both cases you don't have any Cred here. You have no Cred as someone knowledgeable in the field - regardless of how many me-to articles you post. And because you don't participate in discussions but only post your so-called articles, you have no Cred on that front either.

And as already mentioned... participation in a discussion is more than just... "I agree" and a one or two line thing. Because it doesn't Add to anything. It become a waste of bandwidth and nothing more.

Michael Ross

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page