Go to the Main Business Forum page

The 800-pound gorilla -- aka The connection we're not making... [Archive] - Page 26 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The 800-pound gorilla -- aka The connection we're not making...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31

Erik Lukas
August 5, 2008, 07:37 PM
In my mind, there is a difference between a lifestyle business and a scalable business that not many entrepreneurs truly get right off the bat, especially if they're exposed to IM first.

In looking for investors for a current project, I'm looking for people or groups that can put in a bare minimum of $1-2m. I had a realization about true building block wealth when comparing people supposedly at the top of the IM game who would be stretched to have a liquid $1m to sanely invest (taking diversification into account and the fact they should have a lot of their investments and assets in other less high risk activities) to those who have built companies/empires/mastered 'systems' and capitalized on it in a big way.

I appreciate your post, TW. I think it can be eye opening if looked at in the right light...

Success,
Erik

P.S. I would urge you not to think of there only being 3 channels/wormholes for 'escaping' what you see as the 'low' ranks... there are thousands of paths, only limited by your imagination. Hint: all you need to do is get one eccentric game changer on your side who wants to make your success 'their' success and you'll be off to the races! Hint #2: never admit to the real world that you aren't already well versed in their 'level' and what it takes to make it a success (but also acknowledge you know the plan will have to be rewritten daily as you redirect based on its reception in the 'market')

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page