Go to the Main Business Forum page

What is the right price for this service? [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What is the right price for this service?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Don Alm
August 6, 2014, 06:16 PM
I've started and ran many businesses over the years and my "pricing Formula" was always to charge 3 times what my cost was.

If an Alarm Installation cost me $1000 (labor & materials)....I charged at least $3,000 to the client.

With my present "Video Marketing" program I usually charge $1000 to $2,000/mo to attorneys and assisted living clients AND....my costs are probably about $50/mo.....tossing backlinks at the Keyword Videos to keep them ranked on Page One.

I base my current fees on "what's the VALUE to my client!

If I can bring an attorney or senior facility one client a month....they are happy.

If I have to pay $700 to make $300....I would probably not even begin a project like that. Whomever is receiving the $700 is probably making more money than I am and.....I don't like making "providers"...rich.

So....my advice to you is.....
1) Raise your fee (heck....one client brings an attorney $8,000 to $15,000 or more. And an Assisted Living client brings $2,500/mo X 12 mos = $30,000 for ONE Year!)

2) Find a lower cost service. I don't know what you're paying for but there's got to be a cheaper was to do it.

If you like working with attorneys, check out a guy named Derrel Eves. He does Video Marketing for Attorneys and other "Affluent" accounts.

Don Alm

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page