Go to the Main Business Forum page

How one guy built a website in 24 hours, with $24, and made $347 the first day [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How one guy built a website in 24 hours, with $24, and made $347 the first day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Duane Adolph
August 19, 2014, 07:53 PM
Hi Dien,

Thanks! Yes I certainly realized the potential twists and turns for this one

"Why let a proven money maker go to waste?"

Simple answer? Time.

However, I'm thinking of some Gung Ho students I met recently that started their photography business and FIRST SALE in 24 hours, after I spent about 2 hours "getting their head straight". Their speed of implementation actually shocked me. PLEASANTLY

I can see them RUNNING with something like this.

I like what you said about "Identity". Definitely a powerful way to identify,connect and lead a group.

I'm sure an enterprising Sowpubber will move forward with this one. Last I checked, somebody was offering to buy this guys business. It was in one of the comments.

Cheers

Duane

Hi Duane,

You STILL can do something with the business... Why let a proven money maker go to waste? :)

You would definitely have the ability to make something like this successful!

First, you could do the same thing as him... Though, you could also "twist" the idea.

As a local, you know there are places locals love to go, that only the locals know. These places are usually different from the "tourist" places. They could be locally known hang outs, meeting places, or just places where the locals know "stuff happens"...

For example, when I was growing up as a teenager, there were known places that teens would "make out" or go for a romantic time in their vehicle of choice. One place was on the edge of a large public park, where there were a lot of parking spaces... If you drove there late at night, you'd see a lot of cars with steamed-up windows! Another place was a spot on the edge of the city, at the top of a small mountain, where you could park and see the carpet of lights of the city from your car windscreen. It was another popular "romantic" spot.

Both of these were public places, and certainly could make for potentially popular T-shirts for the right age group...!

My city has a lot of beaches, too (since it's on the ocean). I could imagine individual T-shirts with the names of those beaches would be popular in my town... Especially for people living near those beaches, or who go to those beaches frequently...

Anyway, there are a lot of ways to "spin" this idea to make some extra dollars...

You're connecting with people's "identity," because people "identify" with many local places...

Could be fun to do, too! :)

And try to milk it for all the free publicity you can get when you're just starting out (since it has to be "new" in order to be "news," so your best chance at getting free publicity is right at the beginning)...

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page