Go to the Main Business Forum page

Why people hate their jobs, do you concur? [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why people hate their jobs, do you concur?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

GordonJ
September 4, 2016, 06:03 PM
I think this is an interesting take.

My VERY unscientific survey shows that most
of the people who start their businesses do
so for the FREEDOM. To feel as if they own
something in a society that does its best to
put them "in their place"

They feel caged, worsened by the usual
politics that goes on in most offices.

Sure, better communication could help one
get along well with the boss.

But the prisoner who learns to start chatting
happily with the prison guard will still feel
something is missing.

Or what do you think?

Prisoner?? Name 3 people you know in USA being held hostage by their job?

EVERY one, every single one asked for the job, they APPLIED for it. They raised their hands and said, pick me, me, not the other guy.

So, no, I don't accept the prisoner thing.

You may be right about the reasons for wanting to start a business, and of those that make an attempt to either start a business or a biz-op, less than 1 in 1,000 actually replace their job income and benefits with it.

Even then, too many become a prisoner and have a worse boss than when they were working for someone else. A new business owner, will, for almost 7 years...take less time off, get less vacation time, will work longer hours and make about the same pay as they did as an employee...

then that is the FREEDOM most obtain. And it probably feels like less of a cage than a job, but is it really?

Also, those same communication skills can help the new business owner rapidly increase his profits if he too understands his customers are all different.

FREEDOM is a powerful word in the "quit your job" marketplace, especially emphasized in MLM and Network cults, er, companies.

GordonJ

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page