SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 13, 2007, 10:19 AM
ImpactYourArea.com

Default Re: Humm, excuse me Jason

Good Morning Jason,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Great, drawing on your 18 years extra knowledge than myself, maybe you could help me by answering one of the questions I asked a bit farther down in the same post.

Sure, glad to help.

Quote:
The question I can't understand is why would a Big honcho marketing exec from a 27 store operation need someone to help them once the cat was out of the bag?

In a word, "VENDOR".

Quote:
I can understand that if Don had all of the Real Estate locked up through the relationships he had built they would need him, but why else?

Not being a smart aleck, I really don't get it.
Thanks,
Jason

Being that I have dealt with large corporations over the years, I had wondered that very same thing. I use to think, that if the proverbial cat got out of the bag, I would lose business.

But one day a client of mine revealed something to me, which validates what Don does.

From your viewpoint "Why would this executive pay $65,0000-$70,000 a year to Don, when they could do it themselves."

Again, in a word, "Cost". If Don's program saved them one third to two thirds in corporation's expenses then $65,000-$70,000 a year is cheap from the pizza chains viewpoint.

Large businesses are not in the business of doing it all themselves. They contract the work out and are always open to ideas that will save them time, money and manpower, but will make them money and build their business.

Being that there was a free trail period, this gave the pizza chain the time to do a cost anaylsis and measure pizza sales on a daily basis in the targeted cities. There was probably a projected increased amount desired.

For example, if the pizza joint was selling 10 pizzas every friday night for the past 6 months, the desired projection might be 13-15 pizza every friday night during the free trial period.

Even though Don promised 8. A good marketing director uses the +/- when calculating precentages.

If the increase reached or exceeded the projection then Don's program has proven itself. Now the company is ready to move forward and institute Don's program on a contractual basis.

And even with all this raw data, along with program knowledge and advertising locations, successful businesses trust their vendors to keep doing or improving on what they deliver.

This is one less thing they have to do, along with using their personnel to do what a vendor can do for them, faster, cheaper and more efficiently.

As for the real estate end of it. The executive won't upset the balance, if he is in a prime location. The mentality of it says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Being that Don has the "IN" with the hotel/motel, sending in someone from corporate, which doesn't have an established relationship, could cost them that prime spot in all the rooms, that is increasing their sales.

Let's also not forget that this marketing director, now has a connection into the hotel/motel chains via Don. It wouldn't be reaching for the executive to consider having Don go into other regions to promote their pizza chain using his methods. My mug program did that for a flooring company, that advertised on my mug.

I hope this makes it a little clearer for you, but more importantly, I hope we can start hearing of your projects and the progress you are making.

Woody Quiñones
ImpactYourArea.com