SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 15, 2007, 09:51 PM
Jason

Default Re: Constructive Criticism for My Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hatchett View Post
Greetings,

I haven’t posted in a while. My wife and I bought a friends business. Final Touch Automotive Paint Chip Repair. It goes with my interior business and he sold it to us for a song, because he wanted to move to another state. It was established for 12 years with some very good dealerships, so we jumped on it. My wife is doing all the work while I’m doing the interiors.

She’s only working 3 days a week and pulling in $1500 to $2000 a week. Now that she’s got the hang of it (and she’s very good) she wants to expand and get other dealers.

The problem is it’s very competitive. She does very good work and she keep her price on the highest end of the market.

I would like to get some constructive criticism about the flyer were going to use and help finding our USP. Here’s the flyer.
http://hstrial-jhatchett.homestead.c...ouchflyer.html

Thank You for Your Input,
Jason Hatchett
http://www.GuaranteedReferrals.com

You mention that it is very competitive, yet she is able to keep her prices high.
I would assume that this is because of quality.
if she is producing quality work, I would simply show up at the dealer with referrals in hand and tell them a price and give them one right then and there for free.
Have them compare it to their current companies work.
show them the other services that you will also perform while there and provided you can justify your price they will switch to you unless they are under some sort of contract with the other company or it is the other company is related or has built a relationship with the dealer that you have not.

I agree with the others about the headline.
The only other thing I would say is that the flyer makes your eyes wander to much as it is to busy.

I would also include a date and time that you will be there to allow them to claim their free service.
Something like,
" I will stop by at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday Jan. 23 rd 2007 to perform the FREE service on the vehicle of your choice"

Then obviously show up on time or sooner!

This doesn't allow them to to decide if they want you or not, it says I'll be there anyway for you to collect you FREE service.
They will have a car ready or tell you to get lost!

Either way, they will know that you are prompt, which is most likely more than they can say about the other company.
Best wishes,
Jason