SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 24, 2007, 08:59 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: $1000+ Per Day - Made Simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Michael Haines View Post
That's about 14 sales and installations per hour. All by your lonesome self? Maybe if you were born on planet Krypton...

OK - Have it your way. Believe what you want. All I know is that at $49 per sign my profit was $37 each. After donating $5 per sign to the local volunteer fire department that was still $32 profit per sign.

How long does it take to shoot 2 pop rivets and peel and stick reflective numbers to assemble a sign? About 3 minutes. (the reflective name plate is an extra add on sale. You take the order and Address America makes it and ships it back to you. Takes about 1 minute to install it and you are another $10 - $12 richer on top of the $32 you already made)

You can pay someone to make and install the signs for you for at $10 per hour while you continue to make door to door sales or better yet....

You can leverage your time by training a crew of Street Sellers (College Students) to do the selling for you.

Salting or Seeding an area with some flyers and Signs can help.

I had purchased "Operation House ID" ad signs (similar to the small political roadside signs that seem to be everywhere in the States during election times) posting on telephone poles and in the ground along roadsides.

Plus every time you install a NightVision sign you put a sticker on it with your website and contact details. Ask your local volunteer fire department if they would like to receive a $5 donation on every sign you install. In return all they have to do is let you print a line on your flyers and advertising signs "Sponsored by ABC Fire Company".

That way your customers get to help the fire department to raise funds for much needed equipment while insuring that in an emergency they can be found quickly when every second of delay could be the difference between life or death.

You don't have to do all the work yourself. Just organize things... show and tell others what to do and you get yourself a van... pick up your crew, arm them with walkie-talkies, map out the streets they need to canvas... They radio in the orders so you can tell your sign maker in the back of your van what number needs to go on the next sign... you drive him to the location and collect payment while your worker is installing the sign. Then if you practice what Lawrence taught you - you know enough to ask the homeowner the names of his next door neighbors and you go see them and repeat the Magic Phase that many times will get them to take a sign on the spot!

You pay your crew of Street Canvassers $5 - $10 per sign. Most will get 3 to 5 orders per hour and some will average more. Get a crew leader and another van to leverage your efforts even more.

Go to the suburbs of Philly, New York, Trenton, Baltimore, Washington DC and average $500 in profits to you per hour!

If you do it all yourself you own a job. A real business hires and trains others to do the work. But if you don't believe it's possible for you I can't help you.

In my town there are dozens of photographers that complain about too much competition while my wife and I enjoy all the business we want. Likewise... I bet I can go into most areas already worked over by Address America reps and still pull in lots of orders because most AA Reps won't do door to door sales. They prefer to just post flyers and are happy with a 1 - 4% response rate while someone more aggressive can get well over 50% of the homes if they do things right.

You already have enough information to earn a good daily income but good luck on your search for back end residual income off of your address customers.

You can keep their snail mail and email addresses and send them a direct sales letter for a new product or service each month.

As for me I'd rather work half days at home photographing People and Pets!

You can install a NightVision Address sign once but you can photograph the same family members and their new additions for years to come. That's my guaranteed residual - it still requires work - but it's fun and it sure beats a pie - in - the - sky - no work - internet sales scheme.

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
www.AntiquePhotographyBusiness.com
2 one hour shoots a day = $1000 Daily profits!