SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 21, 2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Default Anecdotal, experiential and reality...why a "man convinced against his will...

is of the same opinion still".

Gordon, you're on the right track for the most part.

I take exception to this Sandi, as if there were a "right" track. Allow me to explain.

My experiences have taught me slightly different interpretations but we're probably enough in agreement to not need the big grin to disagree.

Your EXPERIENCES are just that, YOURS. You own them, and they are what they are.

When I did the SQ1, I needed to take my personal experiences out of equation and look for reality...something that applies to everyone everywhere.

I KNOW that any person in the world who is tossed off a bridge is going to go DOWN.

I KNOW that for a FACT. Although there are those who are on drugs, perhaps, who BELIEVE they can fly...and thus the splat when they hit the ground.

As for the supernatural stuff...it isn't super anything...just a matter of learning to use what one has been given. That's all I do...

I have no way of knowing what you do Sandi, so I can't comment on it. But the universal FACT, that I know to be true is we are NOT all created equal...perhaps you did come into your life with "gifts" others of us may not have.

nothing super about it...it is, in fact, totally natural.

Again, I don't know what you are referencing, but I do disagree with the idea that we all have the same "natural" abilities. We don't.

Children are born with much more capability than they eventually acknowledge because socially unaccepted notions, knowledge, and behaviors are suppressed in them by parents, peers, and circumstances.

All children? How do you measure capability? I do agree that we become products of our environment and the influences of our early childhood, coupled with our innate (read genetic) specifications. . I don't know what socially unaccepted notions are...And are you talking about Western notions?

If there's any secret to all this it is the simple fact that people generally only use 10% or less of their mental capacity...

How is this a fact? How has this 10% use of mental capacity been shown? There have been very limited studies, extremely biased studies and a lot of speculation and hyperbole on the 10% so called fact...IT isn't a fact, however, I'll give you the idea that MOST of us don't fulfill our full potential, fair enough?

and this makes all the difference in the way life for them, and those they influence, manifests itself.

I agree not using all you've got makes a difference in a lot of lives, I'd also present the idea that most people are using the best they've got at the time.

Yes, that is the correct use of the word manifest...that which is, or becomes, apparent. Nothing secret, nothing magical, nothing supernatural.

All life is manifestation Sandi, right? The SQ1 concerns itself with CONTROLLED manifestation...that which becomes apparent by ONE's effort and activity.

I realize that most of what I write will be misunderstood or misinterpreted by the majority, if not all, but that's one of the hazards of trying to discuss that which people have no, or very little, preparation for.

Are you really trying to have a discussion? It doesn't feel that way to me. But I could be wrong. I'm trying very hard NOT to misunderstand or misinerpret what you are saying...but I'm struggling with what that is.

I just accept it and move on. If, eventually in response to an event, a new way of thinking or reacting to something happens in a life, then all have gained for no one is an island unto themselves.

Again, this no one is an island isn't a fact or universally accepted truth. There are lots of islands out there. We (the Western World) have pert near made most of Africa an island with our lack of response to events taking place there.

And as for new way of thinking or reacting, what has been gained? By whom?

The social butterfly or the hermit, and everyone in-between, influence their environment and others either by their presence or absence.

How have the millions of starving children in Africa influenced their environment? How have the millions of repressed, poverty stricken people in China influenced their environment? They are all PRESENT and accounted for, and for the most part totally ignored.

I'd love to have a discussion with you Sandi regarding this. Are you willing to share what experiences you're referring to?

My experiences have taught me that I don't have definitive answers, I don't KNOW...except what I know.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Last edited by GordonJ : February 21, 2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling