SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 15, 2007, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: I would like to add-on to Phil's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcalister View Post
jeez 10000 of thosse placemats!

what do have in the program for your COSTS?

thanks

My cost is $520 for 10,000.

I believe I can strike a deal with my printer (pretty sure I can...) where I sell him an ad spot for 50% off of all work / printing he does.

So that would be $260 for printing.

But even @ 520 printing, 22 ad spots - 1 spot for "advertise here call Xxx" thats 21 spots @ 295 each.

520 / 21 = about $25 per ad spot.

So anything over $25 is profit... I know they will sell for at least $50-99 each.. but I really think I can get 150-300 for them.

First customer was willing to pay $150 now, and if it works pay $300 for all future prints.....

even at ($150 price - $25 cost) x 21 = $2625 profit.

I now have one delima though.................. Would really like any advice or opinions...

I have a business partner... He will be designing the menus and place mats (thats about $200-300 work if I had to pay the printer to do it)

He says he will sell spots.. but I really dont think he will sell very many... I expect that I will sell probably 18 out of 21 spots if not all 21................

I am talking to the restaurants and getting their contracted agreement to use our placemats / menus..... We are using his paypal acct because I dont have one and can not get one at this time...........

Whats a fair way for us to do this? I dont think its fair that I come up with the idea... sell 90-100% of the spots.... get the agreement with the restaurants and make the contracts and all he does is we use his paypal, website design, and placemat / menu designs... and he get 50% of all profits...?

Any suggestions?