SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26, 2008, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Default I would need to know what a "free standing" toll position is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TW View Post
Gordon...

This may be a dumb question: When you say toll position, do you mean a 'freestanding' or 'floating' toll position --- or --- do you mean signing up biz's to particular ("custom made") toll arrangements (a la J Abraham)?

If it's the latter, I heard (+ I'm no expert) that companies are really reluctant to sign up for arrangements like that -- even though it's "if I bring in a dollar's worth of biz, will you give me 15 cents?" They won't take that deal because it also comes attached with the word -- 'forever.'

In other words, it's like the old "it only costs 10 dollars to get someone to hit a machine with a wrench to get it going -- but it takes $1,000 to find the guy who knows EXACTLY WHERE to hit the machine with the wrench."

THAT makes sense to a biz -- and they'd be willing to pay the $1,000. Where it gets dicey (I've heard) is when you want them to hit the machine (*ONCE*) to get it going, then you tell them you want $1,000 ------
***A MONTH***, from now on.

How does all of the above fit in with the kind of toll arrangement(s) you're talking about?

Thanks.

-- TW

All of the above...does NOT fit in at all with the Toll Positions strategies that Harvey Brody talked about in his document.

As far as "free standing" and "floating" I'm clueless as to what you are talking about. And in fact...in FACT...
there are companies willing and DO give a continuous royalty to people who bring them new ideas and new products.

As for what Jay Abraham teaches...I don't really know...but I don't think it is the same thing...from my limited understanding, it appears he teaches more about exploiting hidden assets...but again, I don't have first hand knowledge of what he does teach...

I did TODAY, receive an email from one of his students who has made a connection with an inventor. This inventor wants to just keep inventing...while others bring the product to market.

This presents a REAL on-going, "set it and forget it" type of TOLL POSITION that I refer to. It isn't about approaching a business at all. Has nothing to do with adding more business for a % (although it can be argued in the larger sense it does, as when LOWE'S or HOME DEPOT add q product to their shelves)...

I think Jay and Dan and Clayton and Harlan and Marlon et al...have wonderful information...but NONE of them do a Classic Take Off as Harvey Brody detailed in his course 25 years ago. NONE OF THEM.

I currently have 4 (FOUR) "students" for lack of a better term. A couple are real students of Jay and a couple of others and they all have belonged to innercircles and have purchased information products. NONE of them have given me a dime...and I wouldn't take it if offered.

I'm not selling what I know (yet). These 4 came to me. These 4 took action on Harvey's document. They came asking, "Do you think is the type of project Harvey Brody would do?"

And I gave them my answer. From that, I've been on the phone with all 4. They all seem sincere and are DOING, they now have a better understanding of what is out there. I think all 4 'GET IT' about the opportunity that exists about finding stored value and how many products, inventions and IP is available to exploit.

They ALL are nervous about screwing things up. I've reassured ALL of them, it is OK to do that, as long as you learn from it. Go ahead and SCREW up 10 potential deals...and you'll make big BANK on the 11th, as long as you don't repeat your screw ups. We teach a learn by doing process.

I could be wrong, but I think Jay Abraham spends a certain amout of time helping people get their "thinking" caps screwed on. I could be wrong about this.

But in 5 months of study, IF a person were to have contacted 10 potential TOLL POSITIONS, and learned from each one...there would be no reason to doubt that by month 6 there would be a deal in place...and it only takes one to get the ball rolling.

Today I have 4 "students". In 6 months, maybe 40. In 2 years 400. 400 people or more scouring the globe for TOLL POSITIONS, and we would not have even scratched the service of the ideas and products available.

I have an inkling of what everyone else does teach...I do KNOW for a fact, there is NO ONE else teaching what Harvey Brody has to offer. Who else has the 54 years of continuous success DOING IT? None of those guys people are PAYING (often hundreds and thousands of dollars to) to learn from even has a clue as to how to get a real "set it and forget it" TOLL POSITION. IF they did, they wouldn't be selling you their TIME, would they?

Gordon Jay Alexander

Last edited by GordonJ : January 26, 2008 at 04:13 PM.