SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18, 2008, 12:08 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: I'm probably in minority but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi Bowman View Post
Well, here goes. I no longer enjoy coming here and it's not because of the people...you're all great! No, it's because of what stares me in the face when I come here. It's not the ads...those don't bother me in particular...it's what some of them show/suggest/ or are about. Guns and weapons, even for games, are not pleasant when one is having breakfast...bad for the digestion.

For what it's worth, I don't believe war is a suitable game...with or without actual bullets. It develops a 'them or me' mentality and creates hostility that shows up in other ways. If we're going to instill anything in people, let's instill a bit more respect and kindness by rewarding (yes, even in a game) that kind of behavior.

Well, I've said my piece...for whatever good it may do...even to get others to thinking along friendlier lines (well, I can dream, can't I?).
Hi Sandi,

I don't think everyone sees the same ads ... (I've never seen those ads you describe, for instance.)

However, I can block ads that are inappropriate. Some ads I've seen are kind of strange (and wrongly targeted) so I blocked 'em. Please let me know which ads you object to - in particular, what I need to know to block them is the URL of the website the ad goes to. (That's usually shown down near the bottom of the ad somewhere...) Of course, everyone should feel free to make suggestions... If you feel it is more appropriate, you can send me a private message or email ([email protected]) to let me know...

I personally am a big fan of this forum, and need to keep it going to feed my addiction to reading the great stuff you and many others post! So I have a self-interest in trying to keep everybody happy...

Best wishes,

Dien