SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 3, 2009, 08:22 AM
-TW

Default Re: No, I didn't look that up first... but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankesh View Post
But you have to understand that if the society doesn't try to balance itself by trying to bring equality some of the time, it will break down.

Your passion is good TW. But you have to try to figure out how to make the best of things when the society tries to go the equality way for some time. Instead of spending all your energy in talking about fairness and just getting frustrated. The time for fairness will come too.

Are you saying don't kick the rapist in the shins?

You seem to be advocating 'equality.' That's a nice ideal, I agree. But, the only way to make it a reality is through artificially synthasized FORCE.

And where should that FORCE come from? The govt.? What exact SHAPE should the 'equality' take? Who decides what's 'equal' or to what degree everyone should be 'equal?' Congress?

Are people who object to being FORCED to give up what they have (because things aren't 'equal' enough), "GREEDY?"

Is it GREED that has made some 'have' more than others?

If so, I ask you (or anyone who makes the 'greed' argument) -- what couch do you have at home? Is it the cheapest couch there is? Do you REALLY need a couch at all? There are people who don't even have ANY couch, you know. Wouldn't you be less 'greedy' if you were to take the money you spent on your couch, and give that $$ to someone else who doesn't even have FOOD?!? How about your TV -- do you have a tv? In fact, if you own ANYTHING that is not BARE MINIMUM, aren't you being 'greedy?' If you have more than even ONE other person does, aren't you enjoying your 'riches' at the EXPENSE of another citizen? Aren't YOU a part of the UNequality 'problem?'

Where does the attempt to FORCE equality on REALITY (which is always -- naturally -- UNequal) end?

It's a spectrum -- and a slippery slope.

Not to mention the crimp such artificial FORCES have on human nature. Why should I try to do 'better' (excel) when I know the govt. will make me equal to everyone else whether I excel OR NOT?

It is not the role of the govt to change market realities in arbitrary (or ANY) ways!

Yes, the constitution can go through changes -- changes to make it more STABLE in its ONE PROMISE -- and that promise is very SPECIFIC... the gov't shall be LIMITED.

Obama seems not to want to play the chess game to make the game better -- he wants to kick the whole table over and start another game that isn't even chess at all. He wants to change (or subvert) the entire BASIC intent of the FOUNDATION of the nation. And that basic promise is [or, is SUPPOSED to be], again, LIMITED govt. He's not headed toward that end of the spectrum at all. He's barelling as fast as he can toward the other end of the spectrum. I pray it's not going to work -- and he will be stopped (politically) or slowed down A LOT. If not, he will RUIN the country for DECADES to come, imo.

-- TW

Last edited by -TW : March 3, 2009 at 08:39 AM.