SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 10, 2015, 06:29 PM
Don Alm

Default Re: Valentines Day Money Ideas?

However......my wife knows how much I LOVE "Extra Crispy Fries" .....she'd probably go for the "Fries Panties".....(she also knows how much MY Double-Chins LOVE those fries.....so I can "kill two birds with 1 rock")

Now.....back to the Topic at hand; Here's a guy asking a "legit" question; "HOW can someone make money on Valentines Day?"

I remember back in my college days.....me and a Frat Brother got a List of "CO-EDS" (female college students) ......sent the parents a PostCard offering to DELIVER their Daughter/s a Heart-Shaped box of chocolates with a note attached (we showed a Photo of the Box we got from Walgreen's)...and, GOT SWAMPED WITH ORDERS!

So.....this started me on my journey OFF of Engineering and towards Marketing and Promotion. I KNEW I had THIS kinda stuff....in me!

So.....back to Feb 2015. Today is Tuesday, Feb 10, 2015.....THREE DAYS til Saturday....VALENTINE'S DAY!

WHAT TO DO.....HOW to make some bux....."capitalizing" on the Marketing and Promotional Influence that Valentine's Day has on our culture.

I "look at a question" with my "discerning eyes" relating to "making money";
WHO will pay me? WHY will they pay me? How much will they pay me?

So.....I just came from a meeting with a Real Estate AGENT who happens to have her own WebSite. She has 3 people on her "Team" and is one of the top sellers in our market area.

Her "team" gets lots of listings BUT.....she'd love to get lots more because she knows "popularity does not last forever"1 (Wise woman)

So....I know she does NOT use "QR Codes" in her biz so.....I showed her a photo of someone using a QR Code on their "FOR SALE SIGNS"!

I told her I could provide her with "Signs with QR CODES" that take visitors to her ONLINE properties.

She went GaGA!

So.....my "Valentine's Day Inquisitor" as to HOW to make some BUX related to Valentine's Day.....I offered my Real Estate Gal a "VALENTINE'S DAY GIFT" of a FREE .....SIGN .....with a QR CODE that connects to HER website!
(see attached)

YOU could offer "SIGNS with QRCODES" to local RE Agents as a "Valentine's Day GIFT" from little ol' YOU! (Then.....use the 1st one to be a Testimonial to other RE Agents. Heck....in my small town of 20,000 there's over 500 Agents!!!!!!!)

And.....as another Money-Making Idea......MOST small businesses do NOT have a "Connection" to THEIR WEBSITES! on their biz cards other then a
"TEXT" line!

So.....what I did wasto take a sheet of 10 Biz Cards on a sheet.....put in a QRCode that directsto their site .....send to my printer to make me ONE Copy on a "Glossy" and cut out the 10 cards and.....I proceeded to visit each of the 10 biznesses......telling them I am offering a way for them to contact prospects just by handing out biz cards.

I asked each prospect to "SCAN" this Code with their Phone.....and....when they did....UP came their website.

Well what "I" would do is.....walk into each of the 10 biz I had made a QR Code for (the directs to their website)......show the "Mnager" what I've done and.....would they beinterested in have these CODES on THEIR phones....with a Special Valentine's Day offer of 1 Free?

Thus.....my friend, looking for "ways to make money on Valentine's Day".... theres HUNDREDS of possibilities!

Don Alm......Long-Time "Possibility-Thinker"......Happy Valentine's Day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QRCodeForSaleSign.jpg (10.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg QRCodeCard1.jpg (17.7 KB, 12 views)