SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 4, 2015, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Default More Cliff notes here...

Harvey Brody had a health scare, and all he could do was think while flat on his back...he accepted responsibility for his own health
and today is a robust 80 year old with the energy of a twenty something. He should dictate a healthy diet book.

Robert Collier also had a serious health problem, he too turned to his mind for answers. He credits the teachings of Ernest Holmes and others for discovering his secrets.

You may know R. C. from his advertising book, The Robert Collier
Letters
, which is a great study in remote direct marketing.

William Walker Atkinson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Walker_Atkinson

Combined his studies in New Thought with his love of writing and Publishing. Read his wiki page, he used many pseudonyms and wrote an estimated 100 books.

He also created correspondence courses, and was a very successful publisher and REMOTE Direct Marketer. He ran direct response ads in his magazines.

Robert Collier found this method when he started selling his own "metaphysical" course which became the book, The Secret of the Ages. R.C. "copycatted" the methods and content of WWA.

So, Joe Karbo told me it was a combination of Robert Collier's and Ernest Holmes' books, The Secret of the Ages and Science of Mind, respectfully, from which he drew the essence of Dyna-Psych.

Interesting note, all the above were direct marketing successes, they loved paper and ink, all sold newsletters on various subjects.

Some of the very best, and most successful Remote Direct Marketers, had/have nothing to do with Making Money/Business/Marketing.

I studied their success with as much passion as I did the mailorder guys focused on biz/money.

Lots of great lessons found.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Adolph View Post
Hi Gordon,

Wow. Thanks for the "History Line" I found it fascinating.

I did not know much about Joe Karbo as I had mentioned.

Well acquainted with the works of those names you mentioned that worked with Harvey.

Any details on William Atchinson? I never heard that name before. Is he a Direct Marketing/Mail Order Guy? Be interested to see the "originator" of the Dyna-Psych

I appreciate the history lesson Gordon.

Cheers

Duane

Last edited by GordonJ : June 4, 2015 at 01:26 PM.