SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 19, 2016, 09:03 AM
ron lafuddy

Default The wheel of life

There are some things that leave a mark on your memory - and your soul, aren't there?.

Kent State was NIxon drawing a line in the sand, wasn't it? Another undeclared war. Sides were chosen. Winner??

This was a big one for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Detroit_riot

I remember seeing the tanks and armed troop convoys roll past my street.

The army did what the cops, state police and the national guard could not. Put down the riot.

The cost?

There was blood in the streets. Horror stories that never made it into the press coverage. Secrets of the dead.

Afterwards and over the years, they put all sorts of "bandages" in place, with money and whatnot.

But the city never really recovered.

Time does not heal all wounds. Sometimes they fester below the surface. Rising here and there, like a pool of molten lava.

Kicked like a can, down the corridor of time. Waiting for some future generation to deal with.

This discussion has given me much to think about and too many notes-to-self. Like I needed that!

Darn you, Gordon!

Thanks, for the perspective. Some of which can only come with time, lived and experienced.

Ten 4 back atcha!

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
I've been through 3 hurricanes, a Typhoon and winter blizzards where power went out, and some areas didn't get it back for weeks.

But, thanks for this reminder. Because we old farts, have experienced these things, we have a better understanding of what life becomes under these little seen conditions.

In May of 1970, TANKS rolled through the streets of Kent, OH, where martial law had been declared and after the May 4 shootings, you knew they weren't kidding around and would shoot to kill.

Unimaginable for millennials to even consider blackouts or martial law, which makes them an easy target for when it happens.

For me, preppers are a joke. They are just as clueless as can be when it comes to real life survival situations, when, perhaps the taking of a life for survival may be the choice they face.
But, that being said and all, still be a good little scout and

BE PREPARED.

GordonJ