SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 25, 2016, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default Good questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin815 View Post
I understand the process of getting applicants. And think it is genius. But a lot of companies in my area already exclusively use temporary agencies to fill their positions. Can you provide more details on how you find jobs for the applicants? Also, do you ever charge a company for filling a position or is that your competive advantage?

Thanks

You need to know why they use temp agencies, mostly because it eliminates the trial period and paperwork...the people are employed by the temp agency, usually for 90 days, then they can be hired in and the employment agency is compensated. This is the way it works these days. So, your job would be to get them "temp" hire ready.

Two people with equal experience, equal skills, one has been certified to know ________ fill in the blank, and today, it would mostly be Internet, maybe Facebook or even writing...so YOUR person would be most likely to get the temp job which leads to full time employment.

I did not (or wouldn't) charge companies except when it is acting as if a headhunter, that is, finding a specific person for a specific job and you make sure their qualifications are a match, then go ahead...the problem in many states is there are today, a lot more red tape and legal work to call yourself either a Headhunter or a temp agency, these have evolved and the state wants it's cut, via fees, licensing or just taxes.

You have to get your client to tell what kind of job they want. Then, how far are they willing to drive? What are their restrictions or requirements?

I believe the best bet today is to offer the training, in both job related positions and the soft skills a position might require. Give me some examples of a potential client you might have in your area, and I can probably get a little more specific.

Most job seekers are like a ball in the pinball game, you want to be more of a guided Pachinko, where you can direct the ball to fall into a certain slot, see?

A mechanic wants to become a salesman, never sold anything, so you get to the why, the reason for the change, and he could easily go through 12 jobs in a year answering those goofy commission only ads seen everywhere. They churn and burn people, BUT, 3 to 4 months of that crap, your mechanic may have picked up the skills to get an entry level at a car dealership because he has demonstrated the willingness to get tested by the fire.

Each person that comes to you has to be treated as a customized job, but you can lead people into classes, where your time is leveraged and the money is greater. Say, you offer a class on WordPress, and a job club, so after the workshop, this group meets and develops skills together, and their resume can now include a "level" of certification, because you tested them.

The one thing I did was give good skills tests, and they took it until they got 100, only then would I "certify" their resume as tested and proven. Especially handy with MS Office Excel which many can open, but few can actually use. A one day training in Excel will put them ahead of a casual user who has used it for 5 years but can't make a good graphic on one. That sort of a thing.

You need to get out and ask, become a job seeker for 30 days part time and hit the hospitals to start, find their bulletin boards, snap a pic, and see for yourself, likewise, know all the online places where many companies send you and see what kind of resumes they accept.

Ask more, and the more specific your question, the better (maybe) I can answer you. Not going to be a shortage of job seekers any time soon, that I can guarantee you.

GordonJ