Go to the Main Business Forum page

Another way to make money with Domain Names [Archive] - Page 12 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another way to make money with Domain Names

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

Unregistered
December 3, 2007, 09:54 PM
Note: These are ONE Page sites....NOT "5-Page" sites or sites with a lot of content. Just simple ONE PAGERS with a small amount of content pertaining to the Category and with 1 or 2 "generic" photos as Samples, which are replaced with Actual photos supplied by the buyer.

The MAIN REASON WHY owners of EXISTING sites in certain Categories will pay for these ONE-Page sites with a "Catchy" Domain....is to get additional traffic from the Link....by people either Typing in the Address Bar.... "SalemDentist.com" (if they are seeking a Dentist in Salem) or Googling, "SalemDentist".

+++++++
Help me understand please...
You state the main 2 reasons people pay will pay for the catchy domain is
because their POTENTIAL clients will:
A) type the domain directly into the adress bar
B) People looking for a dentist in Salem, Oregon will type "salemdentist" (no space) into Google.

For point A), how many times have you typed "roseburgdentist.com" into the address bar while looking for a site that was about a dentist in Roseburg?
Tere are likely a few folks that will do a general search this way, but certainly not in the numbers that can command an ongoing fee of $150/mo.

For point B) Sure if you type "salemdentist" into the search bar of google, salemdentist.com will likely be the first one displayed. I have to ask though, what happens when you type "salem dentist" (with a space) into the search bar? Go ahead and try it.

The domain name itself doesn't guarantee a number 1 ranking in any search engine.
+++++++++++++

AND...these ONE-Page sites, with a Catchy Domain can be placed on the "Town" website or "Chamber" website, under their specific Category and get more attention than any other domain name.

++++++++++++++
Why can't their regular sites be posted to town and chamber sites?
++++++++++++++

Again...these are ONE-Page sites with LITTLE CONTENT that appeal to the EGOS of those with EXISTING sites...looking to be NUMERO UNO in their Category AND to get some additional traffic.

++++++++++++++
My ego is only worth so much as far as my advert dollars go.
Numero uno means crap without results.
If I were a dentist with a large ego and took you up on your offer...
based on what you have shown here, it would likely result in a handful of hits permonth that I would be tracking from my website.

I would determine rather quick if your ad service was paying for itself or not.

I don't have a clue, yet, as to what to charge for sites with any more pages than ONE...or...sites with LOTS of content.

PLUS....I am NOT trying to "SELL" a "Report" on this subject....so I am NOT providing more details on this subject...with Templates and links to some of the 1-Pagers I've set up...or a "Question and Answer" section on HOW to do this....HERE.

Since Domain Names were a topic here last week, I thought some of you MIGHT want to know of another way to make money with "Domain Names". Figure out your own "details" and do your own "testing" with this "One-Page" concept. OTHERS, besides me, have done their "due-diligence" and have set up and sold these types of sites.

Don Alm

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page