Go to the Main Business Forum page

How do you visualize? [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How do you visualize?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Sandi Bowman
December 14, 2008, 04:08 PM
Depends on the subject, Dien. If it's to get well, I visualize the time/place/circumstance and tell myself I am healing that part of my body. I often have to do some research first to learn what that part looks like etc but it sure seems to speed the healing, even if it requires other intervention as well.

For driving, I visualize an event, say going into a skid, then I visualize myself remaining calm and handling it appropriately. This way my reflexes are prepared if and when such occurs. It's a kind of mind/body programming, I guess.

For problem solving, it's not quite so straight forward, unfortunately. It's a matter of exploring all the angles, gathering information, then leaving it alone and refusing to think about it until the answer occurs in a thought or dream.

I also use a variation of this technique to do complex writing chores. It works for me like a charm...study, examine angles, leave it alone. When I do sit down to write, it's all there and usually requires very little or no re-writing. It's magic! ;)

Sandi Bowman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page