Go to the Main Business Forum page

How do you visualize? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How do you visualize?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dien Rice
December 13, 2008, 09:51 PM
Visualization ... Many people swear by it! From Maxwell Maltz and "Psycho-Cybernetics" ... to soccer superstar David Beckham and celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay [see the article below] ... to a lot of "New Age" gurus...

However, there are two different ways I have "visualized" in the past.

1. The first way is by imagining I am doing something, as if I am doing it. That is, I am "seeing" things from the point of view of myself doing it.

For example, if I want to visualize myself successfully writing an article, I see through "my own eyes", typing away at the computer keyboard.

2. The second way is by imagining I see myself from "outside" of myself. It is as if I am someone else, looking at myself doing whatever it is I want to do.

For example, again if I want to visualize myself successfully writing an article, using this approach I'd be seeing myself from "outside" my body, watching myself typing on the computer keyboard.

Which method do you use? Or do you use both? Or do you use a completely different technique?

Just curious what others do. :)

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Here is the article I was referring to... Some might find this interesting...

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/davidbeckham/3541819/Gordon-Ramsay-and-David-Beckham-are-the-same-says-Posh-Spice.html
Gordon Ramsay and David Beckham are 'the same' says Posh Spice

Here's the important part...

Rather she said they [i.e. Beckham and Ramsay] shared the same method of visualisation for achieving their goals.

Just as 'Golden Balls' [i.e. Beckham] pictured a goal and then scored, she said, the chef [i.e. Ramsay] visualised a delicious meal and then cooked it up.

Speaking about how she had increasingly used visualisation techniques since moving to California, where Beckham plays for Major League Soccer team LA Galaxy, she said: "I was talking to Gordon Ramsay and David about this the other day, and they're the same.

"Gordon visualises a meal, then figures out how to prepare it. David visualises the goal."

She used the same process to work out what costume she would wear the next day, she told The Times.

"I'll lie in bed and think, what kind of look do I want to go for tomorrow? Then I find the pieces in my mind to create it."

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page