Go to the Main Business Forum page

Coffee Mugs Another way to sell them [Archive] - Page 9 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Mugs Another way to sell them

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Mugs Across America, Inc.
February 19, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hey Skip, Thank you for the kind words.
I mean it!! You are a smart man!
you are 100% correct about saying, If someone does not want to deal with all the legwork and tedious paperwork, the ad layouts, the proofing, the making of the film positives and the silk screens, the printing and firing, and dealing with the freight companies and negotiating LTL shipping discounts etc.. and simply focus on selling the mug ads at a reasonable price.(under $196 per year) and get paid over 50% of total revenue in commissions, they can come to us and get all that done for them at an extremely low cost. They can focus on selling, which is where they are going to make money!
I just want to set the record straight.
You nor I, nor Don Alm, can buy vitrified mugs for his claim of 57c ea.
not even close. We buy commercial grade vitrified mugs by the semi load and we pay over a dollar each (BLANK) UNPRINTED. You then have to ship your mugs to a decorator that knows how to high fire vitrified products and pay that person a minimum of 55c each, because they have to fire up their kilns and lears to 1600 degrees. It's expensive! Plus each case of mugs weighs 40 lbs or more. Shipping is at least $100 using a truck line or UPS with Doublepacking each carton, so there is no breakage. And you have screen charges. Don does not have a clue. As far as using publisher to do ad layouts, I don't think that there is a decorator alive that accepts that format these days. Vector art is the wave of the future. most decorators require art in adobe illustrator format. If you've never used it, plan on taking a college course!:)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page