Go to the Main Business Forum page

your thoughts on this business idea please... [Archive] - Page 12 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on this business idea please...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

MichaelWinicki
June 17, 2015, 01:00 PM
I agree 100%...thanks for your input.

I have started and stopped the 9x12 twice since 2012...netting over 5K(2 9x12s and 2 with only 6 ads) with no overhead, no start up costs, and no ongoing costs...working part-time from home...all prospecting done using email and over the phone when requested. Sounds like a dream business, other than the fact that it's hard as heck to scale it up, and when you don't get immediate results- businesses back out of re-upping.

Getting back to your comments about relying on the business to leave behind the card...agreed- not a very smart way to build a business.

Bottom line is that I always fall back on wanting to help local businesses to find new customers. I seem to be able to relate to those guys, even though I have never been in their shoes.

IF I lost my job and needed to feed my family...could I dive in and grow the co op mailer 6 ad business? Absolutely. But dabbling in it on the side makes it too easy to stop, and think about other ways to find new customers.

You've got a good head on your shoulders Willy. :)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page