SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 22, 2009, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Default Creation is a longer term strategy. However.

The FASTEST way to a TOLL POSITION as taught by Harvey Brody is through acquisition...find a stored value product, lock it down, take it to a marketer...get an agreement...let the fun begin.

However. IF you are inventive or creative and you have a product, you must consider a longer term approach. I have been working for the past couple of years on a "kitchen appliance", one which will make life easier for millions of people within certain niches.

Now I have a background in cooking and in demonstration (well documented on this forum) so I like to tinker in the kitchen.

The "appliance" I've created is modified from several other kitchen appliances, but with unique twists. It will be a specialty item that will probably retail in the 129 dollar range or lower...could be well under 100 dollars. There is profit in selling the appliance...but...the REAL profit will be made with the "supplies" that a person would purchase on a monthly basis.

This part of my program will take about 3 years to fully actualize and I'm about half way through it. So the planning has been a long time in the making, the markets have been identified and creating the "back-end" product is requiring a lot of hoops and requirements. Why bother?

Once in place, I'll have a profit from the device itself, but more importantly I'll have a TOLL POSITION on the back-end that will pay my estate long after I'm gone. It isn't easy, in fact, it has been very hard...mostly dealing with suppliers and locking in prices and getting things the way I want them. But, I like the creative aspect of it too, so there has been some rewards in seeing your "invention" being born.

An inventor probably needs a few years to get things ramped up, unless a market exists and the marketer can get a good deal on something that won't be knocked off right away.

So, finding existing products that have been under marketed is the fast track to getting a TOLL Positon set up. CREATION is a slower route, but one that allows for a stronger TOLL positon that pays far more in the long haul.

IF I were just starting out, the first investment would be in STATIONERY, and have some nice stationery printed to send to inventors, manufacturerers and potential TOLL position partners.

I've referred everyone I've worked with to hardtofindseminars.com and told them to listen to the audio on Buying Molds that Michael has on his site. He sent out a letter and this is his follow up call.

I'd use that audio as a "template" to create a SCRIPT, to be used when you call people. Why a script? You need to sound like you know what you're doing. A script that is practiced and rehearsed is going to give you the confidence. A script will have the ready answers to questions you may be asked and along with your stationery it gives you the right impression.

So now you know where to look for products. You have an idea of what to say to people (if you listen to the audio at hardtofindseminars.com). You can get started for next to nothing and either create or acquire a product.

It might be good to start in a field in which you have some experience. For Bob it was HVAC and for me, it is in the kitchen. Starting with some expertise helps you look for potential TOLL Positions because you are a "user" of products in that field.

Gordon Jay Alexander