SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 30, 2014, 08:23 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: $100 Bill Referral System SO SUCCESSFUL It Got My Friend FIRED [Reposted fr archive]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
My friend Ben was hired to sell boats made in New Zealand.

At 1st he set up Joint Ventures with Yacht Clubs
and Owners of Yacht Showrooms all up and down the West Coast.

Then he Tried CASH.

He wrote a short letter to ALL previous New Zealand Fish/WorkBoat Buyers
saying, "I've got a $100 Bill for you - for Every Single Friend or
boating associate you BRING to the XYZ Boat Show Next Week."

(Ben knew from personal experience and Testing that
9 of 10 people who got a Tour of this Combo Fishing/Work Boat
WANTED ONE.)
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for sharing that story... Certainly, something like this can work like gangbusters...!

Denny Hatch has a story which has some parallels in his book "Method Marketing." I don't happen to have that book handy at the moment (it's at a different location)...

I found the table of contents online... It's in chapter 15, "Western Monetary Consultants, William R. Kennedy: Warren Buffett Wannabe"...

From memory...

One guy organized a big "junket" - a paid trip, including travel and accommodation - and made the promotion to a mailing list he purchased. All the people had to do was to attend a presentation, I think it was a seminar on gold investing... The company he was running made money from selling precious metals to investors.

Denny Hatch got one of those invitations. So, he and his wife went.

It was great! All paid for... He went to the seminar on gold investing, and lots of others were there, too. And also could take time while he was there to have a holiday...

The problem was, he wasn't really "qualified" to be there as an investor!

The mistake this guy made was, he didn't properly qualify the people he made the offer to! So, in that case, it was probably a lot of money down the drain... It sure got the people there, you just have to make sure that only the RIGHT people see the offer!

In your friend Ben's case, he did have a well-qualified list - which was previous buyers of New Zealand boats, which was also what he wanted to sell.

With the right list - this approach could definitely work well... The right "freebie" would certainly get the attention of the right people. But, if you're paying for the attention of the wrong people (like the case in Denny Hatch's story), it could not work out... So there's a good profit-making lesson there!

Thanks Glenn!

Best wishes,

Dien