SOWPub Small Business Forums  
 

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Get the report on Harvey Brody's Answers to a Question-Oriented-Person

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

 

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old January 8, 2018, 10:26 AM
GordonJ's Avatar
GordonJ GordonJ is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,047
Default It is why I met with an app developer last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsonic View Post
Sowpub Readers,

At the bottom line...

B2B selling is not dead. It's a "mindset" going on here. Just like MLM and Network Marketing selling, many folks/people are going to AVOID IT like the plague. I was on the train last week full of people. HUNDREDS. 95% of them were on the phone talking or texting with that BLUE GLOW on their faces. The other 5% were reading. I was one of the only ones looking at what was going on. I also pointed it out to someone beside me. She stopped and talked to me for a few minutes and went right back to texting on her phone. Sorry to say we're in a completely different environment from 20-30 years ago. There's the age of BF-AF. Before phone, after phone. TODAY, you'll have a hard time getting anyone to do face to face marketing. That's just the reality of it all. Even todays hard core B2B commissioned sales people are using social media, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. I'm on it every day. Again, the direct sales mindset is DEAD. B2B selling has gone DIGITAL just like everything else. Knocking on doors...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. It's an ERA relegated to the past.

Happy New Year for all Sowpubbers.

With utmost respect,

Donnie Dixon

Thanks Donnie,

I'm not going to learn how to develop apps, but I will hire someone, and last week I met with just such a person to discuss it.

You just observed the phenomenon I call, The Age of the External Brain.

Over the Holidays we wanted to go see a movie, so my daughter whips out her phone and in seconds tells me what is playing, where and when, and then can instantly tell me what it is about, who is in it and the rotten tomato score.

Likewise, any little piece of trivia or even HOW TO can be quickly accessed in our External Brains.

NO need for much study in everday areas. Want to know how to make a souffle, just youtube it on your external brain.

Well, we old timers can either lament the times of personal engagement, OR join in. Which is why I talked to the app developer.

Working on a few apps from my core: cooking, golf, selling and persuasion.

A POCKET PRO for any situation, if the home computer was our first generation external brains, we are now in the Dick Tracy area of small portable TV/Radio studios, multi-channel communications and instant library knowledge...

let's cash in. Things aren't going to go the other wayl are they?

GordonJ

PS. Also, they person WILLING to go out and talk to people, will, in my opinion, always be able to make their moolah with something to sell.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Seeds of Wisdom Publishing (front page) | Seeds of Wisdom Business forum | Seeds of Wisdom Original Business Forum (Archive) | Hidden Unusual Business Ideas Newsletter | The Great Ideas Letter on CD | Hotsheet Profits | The Art of Leverage | The Success Report | Persuade via Remote Influence | Ausecuma Beats | Writer's Friend (software) | The Entrepreneur's Hotsheet | The SeedZine (Entrepreneurial Ezine) | The Fly Low Collect Dough Update Hotline

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.