SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 27, 2023, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Default Please keep us posted.

Thanks Millard, let us know how it works out.

I've seen some of those folded biz cards, and inside and on back, some TIPS, and one guy had a specific industry tip, PERSONALIZED, he did this via having a blank inside and his laser printer.

So, if he went to a BNI, for example, he may have 8 different cards, each one with a personalized message. Such as,

For Rob from NationWide, here is a tip I read about on the Internet, and I thought of you, and don't know it will be helpful for you, but hope it is. An insurance agent in CA gave away some spider filled ice cubes to his families with children to use at Halloween, and it was one such give away that kept his name in front of his clients at a time when they weren't thinking of insurance. Don't forget Rob, we've added liability riders to policies for pennies more a month.

The standard size card fit with others, whereas a hotsheet or bigger might get put aside, which could be good too, or tossed out because it doesn't fit.

Let us know if you have success Millard, maybe you can even write a report if it works and make some moolah by sharing it with others.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
I like the concept.

The garages concept seems to fit perfectly for someone who needs a space for a short time or even longer. This concept would work for someone like myself who works out of their home, but occasionally would like to have a nice office someone could come to meet.

With this in mind, I was thinking that since I do my best work face-to-face, I could go to some BNI meetings and schmooze with some folks.

Now, I've found that I have NEVER gotten ANY business from passing out business cards. My approach is to ask questions and give a person money-making answers.... in other words... a solution to a problem. If a person does not get excited with a proven (or my best guess) solution to a problem they have.. then I would rather not work with them.

My challenge is that it takes time.

I have been working on a one-page giveaway that gives solutions to business owners so that if someone wants a card I can just give them a "Solutions" sheet.

We'll see how it works.