Go to the Main Business Forum page

Where are you on your journey to getting your Toll Position [Archive] - Page 42 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where are you on your journey to getting your Toll Position

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Bob Blagg
May 9, 2009, 09:12 PM
Just to let everyone know, I am selling all my products on Amazon.com.

I thought by doing this, if people buy them, then I can show the reps, as well as the retailers that people are willing to vote for my products with their money. Wish me luck.

Adman: I am sorry your items didn't make it to the big time. I have heard that the buyers for the chains can be brutal, but that is probably because everyone in the world wants their product in all the big stores.

That is why with my CORDGRIP, I wish there was someone who was already selling to wholesale distributors for the trades, such as heating and a/c, electrical, plumbing, etc and they would be willing to use their contacts to get me in the door.

I would be willing to give up most if not all of the profit for this product as long as I was the one the wholesale distributors and the reps who call on them got to know, so next time I had a product they would view me as someone they wanted to do business with.

I love your stories about meeting Ron Popeil and E. Joseph Cossman. I am actually very jealous.

The critiques that Mr. Cossman did for people who attended his seminars was great.

It goes to show that there were people who really made it and weren't afraid to give back to the little guy.

It is a shame they don't seem to be around any more.

I do realize that everyone had to pay to get in his seminar, but he could have been like most people who put on seminars. They do their speech from the front and then push you to buy their books in the back of the room, while they slip out the back door so they don't have to be bothered by us little people.

Did I tell you how jealous I am of your experience.

Bozo and TW:

Great ideas from both of you.

If you, our anyone else ever needs my help in any way just let me know.

If I ever make it, I promise that I will help others who are REALLY trying to get their foot in the door.

I hope someday all of you can hold me to that.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page