Go to the Main Business Forum page

A fascinating discussion between Scott Adams and Stefan Molyneux [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A fascinating discussion between Scott Adams and Stefan Molyneux

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

GordonJ
August 20, 2016, 01:15 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing this... I haven't watched it yet, but I like your idea of downloading it as an MP3 and listening to it instead. Their bobbing heads are not exactly compelling watching, so I don't think I'll miss anything too important by listening, rather than watching!

I've been following Scott Adams since last year, particularly his comments on Trump, but also his comments on Hillary too. He is pretty much the only commentator who comments on their use of persuasion principles.

One interesting thing is that since Bernie Sanders dropped out, Scott Adams feels he's detected a shift in Hillary's use of persuasion techniques. He feels Hillary's use of them has improved immensely since Sanders dropped out. He attributes this to some new advisors who are probably helping her. Among them are one he calls "Godzilla" - which refers to Robert Cialdini.

Prior to that point, Hillary was trying to use logic and reason, and now she's mostly hitting emotional points, which seems to be helping her. Donald Trump, in contrast, has always hit emotional points.

One thing I find interesting is Donald Trump seems to be using some form of "outrageous marketing." In the primaries this worked well as it got him an avalanche of media attention. In fact, I remember seeing figures which said that in the primaries, Donald Trump got more media coverage than all his competitors combined.

Now, in the general election the "outrageous" approach isn't helping him as much. It is probably harder for him to "drown out" his opponent in the general election since there are only two of them left now. Also, as it gets closer to "really" electing the president, people start paying more attention and the "outrageousness" starts to be taken more seriously, which might hurt him.

I look forward to listening to the interview!

Best wishes,

Dien

Trump's great speech last week, using teleprompters and the shift in advisors, has him less outrageous and more mainstream.

Hillary's rise in the polls (so what) may be a result of their role reversal...she is more emotional, he is being handled...

by the good old boys...

And they are transforming him into the kind of pocketician he has railed against ... Trump being handled...is a Chump Trump.

Fun stuff to see, will he tow the line, or go off on a rant...if he wants to stay in, I say Rant Donny Rant. Otherwise, we get the same old BS we've always gotten.

GordonJ

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page