SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
Skip Rosell

Default Re: So How To Find Top Selling Products To Sell?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for starting what should be a great thread.

Here are two ways I use Ebay to find what people want NOW. When you go to the main page on Ebay and you look down the left side you will see “Want it Now”. Click on that. You will be taken to a page with categories. Click on any category and you will get a list of what people are looking for right now. In real time.

Now what I do is bring these listing back to an excel spreadsheet and let my computer do a key word search. That will give me a listing of how many times the words appear. Yes you will get a lot of keywords like “the”, “and” and so forth. But you will also find the keywords like model # of hot items, brand names of wanted products, ebooks that are wanted, etc. When you have a count of 10 or 20 of the same item you know it is HOT right now.

The other way I use Ebay is to use the listings on the left hand side. Pick a category and go down the left hand side to where it has a check box and says listings. Under that there are boxes with drop down choices. The default on the first box is “ending within” and under that is a number of hours selections. I pick the “started within” choice and set the hours to 12. Then the boxes under that ask for the min number of bids and the max number of bids. I set the min at 5 bids and the max can be any big number like 100. When you click on “show items” only the items that received at least 5 bids in the first 12 hours of that auction will come up.

If an item has 5 bids in the first 12 hours of the auction being placed you know this is a HOT item. I just did a search in the music category and under CDs and got one item that had 6 bids in the first 12 hours.

http://makemoneyalert.com/Ebay.htm

These are two of the up to the minute ways to find HOT items that are also FREE ways.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Quick Cash Concepts

Last edited by Skip Rosell : May 21, 2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: add signature