SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 21, 2011, 06:20 AM
Cornell

Default Critique and Free offer

Here's my take on it...from my perspective and and ruling out that I have read all the posts on it here and stepping back and looking from the point of seeing the web site and offer for the first time.

Now this may be harsh...or even sound cruel, but please do not be offended as it is not intended that way.

I buy a "lot" of similar products for the purpose of seeing what they are about and judging whether I want to represent them on some of my web sites.

After viewing your web site I would not buy your product....But it does have potential.

The sales copy really needs redoing as you are aware and the web site really, really is bad...and the price makes me cringe....I would leave the site a non-purchaser.

If the product is really that good that one can make that kind of money then it surely warrants a higher price...if it sat at $27 to $47, or even $97...even with the poor web site and sales copy I would probably buy it....but $10 as a regular price and the copy and site the way it is...ouch....even with the guarantee I wouldn't buy.

Okay now knowing what I have gleaned from the postings on the forum....

12 pages is a bit small, but I would much rather pay a decent price for a 12 page "system" that gets right to the point without a whole lot of fluff just to put more size to the product. Time is critical in my life and when I buy a product of 50 -100 pages and after reading it find that it could have been done in 20 pages I get a little perturbed.

Notice I used the word system....that word alone just increased the value of the product....it is no longer an eBook or report but a system to make up to $300 a day selling Balloons....you might have to rewrite the content so that it becomes a system but that isn't hard to do. And as already suggested in the postings you could add video to the product (which is a good idea)

You need to provide a free report....and this is where you can get a bit fluffy....no not some PLR report as you mentioned in one of your posts...but one your write....Give an overview of the business but don't give anything away....personalize it with a story of how you started and how making that kind of money changed your lifestyle, etc (everything on a positive note)....and how it can the readers too...get the readers confidence...let them get to know you....and then get into a gentle persuasion mode pushing towards the sale.

The report will start your list and allow you to market to those again who didn't purchase after getting the report.

It looks like you are hosting on GoDaddy...I personally would move my hosting to another hosting service...my preference would be Hostgator....much easier to work with and the autoresponders can be used efficiently so you don't have to rush out and get an aWeber account.

You also need to pick up one of the domains suggested here by Martin

Okay ...enough said....here's an offer....no strings attached....

I will redesign and build you an index page for your site...the page will include an area for an optin form for the free report as well as the sales copy area. If you like it use it...if you don't use it then so be it.

If you want this just let me know. The earliest my schedule will allow would be mid next week....would help if you had the new domain purchased before I do the page so I can incorporate it into it.

As I said it is a free offer...it's up to you.

Cornell