SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 27, 2012, 03:31 PM
Skip Rosell

Default Re: I can't give you what I want...but I can share a personal pet peeve...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
I appreciate your feedback. Have a great day.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Before you throw the baby out with the bath water every time
you see an ad for a method to make money let’s look a little
Closer.

Those that know me know that I like to test different quick cash methods. So I'm one of those people that do buy from blind ads. I see Gordon's point and I have been burnt quite a few times. But even on some of my really bad "buys" I have found nuggets of gold in the method that can be twisted to make it work. Or it may be used in a different market to succeed.

Take "Chatteling" for instance. I was doing that a long time ago but I just didn't know it was chatteling until Gordon opened my eyes. I was buying and selling until I met Gordon on this forum. Then I was "CHATTELING"!

What I got from his method at that time (quite a few years ago) did not fit me and my life style at that time. BUT the information was good. No, make that GREAT.

But I took that info and made it more on auto-pilot and that worked for me. At that time in my life (parade of life) buying and selling was too time consuming for me. Once I was able to automate the process it fit right in with my available time.

Now on to Glenn's "Bum Book". I tested it out and it worked! I made over 80 bucks per hours work. I did change some of the method to suit my image in my community. I did not want my friends and customers to think I turned into a BUM.

Now before anyone takes the posts by Gordon or Bozo as a negative let me say the only two I know of on this forum that have actual tried this method are Glenn and me. Gordon admits freely that he did not buy it, hence did not try it. And Bozo also admits he did not try it (all though he did buy it, most likely from profits of his headlight cleaning ) and stated "So, I can't say if the method is any good or not."

And Glenn and I have made a nice daily profit for our tests. Disclaimer! I will not be working this method as a business like the Bum, but if I run across the right person in my area I will show him or her how and where I did the tests so he or she can earn some extra income.

But I will promote this as an affiliate to my list. Who knows, someone on my list may twist and turn this into a REAL profitable idea.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell