SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 29, 2012, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Default Skip, let me speak only for myself.

First, I GET the health things. Health issues eat away at your time, and, in my case, certainly, my judgment as I too have made mistakes.

I regard you as a friend, and a friend of SowPub.

I too, didn't get the WSO blog thing, and wrongly wrote it off as Skip being desperate for some fast bux...now that I see what you INTENDED to do, it makes more sense and is, in my opinion, a good idea.

The way the WSO is being done these days, it is hard to separate the wheat (2%) from the BS chaff 98% so your idea has merit because you are taking time to pull out what you consider to be an idea worthy of follow up.

I also regard Glenn as a friend and a great contributor to the SOW pub forum, and I regard him as a master manipulator (nothing negative there) whom I for one, can certainly learn from.

My issue is with blind ads and I guess, I misread and/or MISinterpreted your reasons for not doing the Bum thing, so, my apologies for that.

Still, I think dragging your 12 year old daughter to a late night gas station to scrounge around for a few bux seems to be, and I may be totally wrong on this, and need to pull my head out of my ****...

seems to be "beneath" the members of SowPub, whom, over the years have shown a higher understanding of making money, that is, are NOT the vast majority like you find at other forums, desperate people looking how to make an easy buck...

We've presented hundreds of workable, doable and realistic ideas here over the last 12 years and I may have WRONGLY assumed that SowPubbers wouldn't have much interest in what a bum on the street does...

And maybe, I was wrong...

Maybe the members here DO want that kind of information, and if they are willing to pay 69 bux to get it...then who am I to say it isn't or is anything they would be interested in...

So, rather than fight the flow, why not go with it, because surely I can create tons of this kind of information (not knowing what IT, thr Bum thing is), but I can write blind ads, albeit, I don't buy from them.

Give the people what they want.

So, I will.

Skip, I have respect for you, liked your ideas, gave you a glowing testimonial which I stand by for your report on your version of having first choice of profitable chattel products, it is a great report and one which I know you used and made money from.

So, if you agree, let's just square up, no hard feelings, I admit I was wrong now that I have the REST OF THE STORY...and I'll try to do better here at sowpub and deliver the kind of information that people want and readily PAY FOR, fair enough?

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS I've deleted my "clarification" post, now that things have been clarified for me here.

Also, I've recently stumbled across, almost literally, an unknown way, at least in my 50 years of looking for ways to make money...a way in which a person can make an easy 300 dollars a day, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year...all on auto pilot without having to speak to a single person. Hope to be able to share it soon, after my testing is done, OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Rosell View Post
Hi Rick,

Thank you for showing me something that I am doing wrong lately.

I have had some health problems lately (not an excuse) and have doctors appointments most days. Just getting older and heart and blood pressure issues that they are trying to control.

But that has limited my time and I have not been taking the time to convey the whole story in every email.

The part about not endorsing products in the email to you and others is in reference to just one website that I put up and the products on that website.

I will not give the link to that site here because I do not want to add to the confusion I have already caused. The site is a free blog that I set up for my own use with WSO (warrior special offers). The warrior forum lately have hundreds of WSO's each month now on all type of subjects like SEO, Backlinking, Article writing, etc. I wanted to list on this free blog just the WSO's that interested me and on fast cash or easy systems to make some extra cash. Then as I got time I would buy these products to test out and then write a report or case study on my results. This was at the beginning just for my own use.

Then I got a bright idea. (bad, bad, idea now I see)

My bright idea was if I was interested in these WSO's then my list would be interested in these and I would save them time looking through all the hundred of WSO's to find them. Then I got another bright idea.

Why not put the link to each of these products as my affiliate link and make a buck or two off of any that were sold.

But I wanted to be honest with my list and I told them in the first post that I have not bought some of these products and therefore I could not endorse them. Then I made another mistake. I got so many emails with questions on some of these listings that I started to "short" answer these emails to keep up with them.

Instead of taken each question from my list and answer fully I just got it in my mind that the list member KNEW I didn't buy some of these products and gave short answers without explaining to each one.

I lost track of my core reason for writing to my list. To help them make some quick cash with a good product. As you said I have always in the past tested all the reports myself before I sent any thing out.

I put in disclaimers because I wanted to be honest. I said I don't endorse products that I have not tested because I wanted to be honest. But by not explaining this in full in each email I did all of the people that are my customers and friends an injustice. Sorry.

From now on I will not send an offer out UNLESS I have tested it whether it is my own report idea or a case study on an affiliate product.

I also started to "Short" answer in my posts here on sowpub.

When I said I would not be doing the Bum method myself I just thought everyone one knew I was talking about the bums’ appearance and not the actual work of doing the program. But I quickly put that disclaimer in because I wanted to be honest. I did not put an affiliate link in my signature or in the post for the book because I just knew the people here on SowPub were NOT the target market.

I am sorry that I hurt my friends just to save some time and not do them the justice they deserve from me. Enough excuses!

Time to get back to treating my friends like I have for the last 8 years and give them only the knowledge I have acquire by TESTing each and every product.

Let me start and apologize to Rick, Gordon, Dien, Tom, Glenn, and all the others that have posted or read these posts. I promise to do better.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Last edited by GordonJ : July 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM.