Go to the Main Business Forum page

Comments on RJ's playboy club get together? [Archive] - Page 29 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Comments on RJ's playboy club get together?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Dien Rice
July 7, 2007, 04:30 AM
I just received an email from John Reese wherein he explains more about how he got involved, what he knew and, more importantly, what he didn't know at the time he sent the email and so on.

Basically he took full responsibility for the fact that he sent the email and promoted the 'marketing event'. Apologized profusely to not only the folks on his list but, especially to the women marketers who were 'excluded' and so on.
I think there's a business lesson in John Reese's apology...

Sometimes, you may "tee off" your customers, and it may be an accident. What, then, should you do?

I think the best approach in most cases is to apologize. To "eat humble pie" - like John Reese did in the email Sandi is referring to.

That way, he probably minimizes any negative effect which he probably didn't foresee. And he gets to keep many of his customers who were "teed off".

I think it's a good general lesson in customer relations.

Best wishes, Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page