Go to the Main Business Forum page

What Would YOU Do ...? (a little different...) [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What Would YOU Do ...? (a little different...)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Dien Rice
April 7, 2007, 08:06 PM
Hey All -

The idea of Ankesh's thread is excellent - but I created a new thread for the ultimate test ...

...everything is the same as what Ankesh asked - only difference is - what would you do - with only a $100 ... AND NO VEHICLE.
Hi Kelly,

I'd modify my original reply (here (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14828)) and focus more on "dropshipping" sources...

That is, sell products which you could sell via dropshipping. (That's where the supplier ships it directly to your customer...)

I've investigated this for Australian sources... Also, I think there are a number of "closeout" sources in the USA which will dropship... (For example, do a search for "closeout" and "dropship" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=closeout+dropship&btnG=Search)...)

That would mean you could run a listing on eBay, sell the product via eBay, then dropship it from the closeout supplier.

With this, there would always be the risk that the supplier could run out of items before your auction is over... So it might be a good idea to order a few, so you have them in stock to ship out in case that happens...

Also, I'd do a "test order" just for myself first, to make sure the closeout products supplier is reliable...

There are many people on eBay already doing the same thing... So you may want to find "niche" products that not too many other people are handling... Or at least test things out...

Another way you might be able to compete is to sell "combinations" of products - where you sell a number of products as a "package". (I don't think it matters if the products arrive from different suppliers, as long as they all arrive...) That way, your offer is different from those who are selling items singly...

Hope that helps with some ideas... :)

Cheers,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page