Go to the Main Business Forum page

$300 A day business but no idea how to market it [Archive] - Page 17 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : $300 A day business but no idea how to market it

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Duane Adolph
April 21, 2011, 12:26 AM
Hi Samir,

First CONGRATULATIONS on:

1. Asking for help. You have already received excellent feedback from the rest of the group.

2. Putting something up and marketing it. 11 sales from 283 clicks = 3.8% conversion from "Cold PPC" traffic??? That's seems higher than I would have guessed. So Congratulatons

I noticed that you are:

1. Asking for feedback about the Sales Copy and that
2. NOT building a List for FEAR of offering a crappy PLR product and or NOT having anything else to sell??

These Questions you are asking all stem from ONE THING. And
NO it is not lack of your knowledge per se.

It is THE most important link in the sales chain.

A Lack of CLARITY on WHO your TARGET is.

SAMIR repeat this 10x's before you go to bed lol

"Your TARGETS will dictate your COPY which will dictate the OFFER ."

Repeat. "TARGETS dictate COPY dictates OFFER"

See A LOT of the Answers to the Sales Copy question and "How do I Improve this?" type questions will NOT be found with us...

but they WILL be Found In those 11 People that actually BOUGHT from you.

They are buyers.

GO BACK to them.
GET to know them Better.

YOUR SOLUTION to your questions are IN THE TARGETS

So do this...

1. GET EXTREMELY CLEAR ON WHO YOUR TARGET IS and The marketplace

WHO specifically are you targeting? Opportunity seekers? balloon lovers?
What specifically do they need, want or wish for?? aka What else are they Already buying?
Where are they located online? Can YOU reach them? Can you reach them cost effectively?

Why did they buy your report?
What did they like about it?

Who are the other players (people that sell stuff) selling to these people? (potential J.V's)

Once you are Clear your Salesletter could write itself by offering a Soluton to the Problems/Desires you established by your market research aka. GET CLEAR ON WHO YOUR TARGET is.

Action:

1. You could have that paypal button redirect to a Surveymonkey.com survey
Lettng them know the report is not ready yet...but that you want to tailor it to their needs. Ask them What's the MOST IMPORTANT question you have about____________?

Build a list and then update the report or ADD TO the existing report a FAQ and YES bump up the price. but THAT will come later.

GET CLEAR ON YOUR TARGET

P.S

If you are NOT building a list because of Fear of NOT knowing what to sell next. You are not building a business. You just have ONE product. START BUILDING A LIST NOW! Like RIGHT NOW ...Please. If you don't You gotta go back and INVEST more BUX in PPC every single month. "Hoping to tweak your metrics to profitability.

P.P.S
I think Gordn Alexander posted something on this in a recent post "The number one problem?" Go back and find it. It will help

BEST of success Samir!

Thank you for taking time to write back.

Skip, I definitely have a lot to learn. The total number of visitors I received from all three campaigns were 283. I am not even sure if the problem is with my sales copy or the ad because on Facebook, my ads received 187,924 impressions but only 68 clicks. I used two different ads, one said "Earn $300 A day distributing balloons to local businesses" and the other said "Earn extra cash distributing balloons to local businesses" I believe most of my orders came from Google AdWords where my CPC was $0.80. I used hundreds of keywords but only "extra cash" and "earn extra money" performed. I would like to capture emails but I do not have anything else to offer and I don't think it would be right to offer a badly written PLR as gift to people who subscribe. Plus, without paid advertisement, how do I get people to visit my site to begin with?

Phil, you're right, a $10 price tag is not going to replace a $300 a day business but the idea is so simple, I am not sure how to twist it into another business model. It doesn't really have any secret formula that I can keep to myself or maybe I am just not smart enough to think of one. The basic premise is that if you make something easier for someone, you will be rewarded.

Think about it, why is Apple one of the most successful companies in the world? MP3 players existed before Apple introduced the iPod and smart phones existed before the iPhone was introduced. So what did Apple do different? Well, with the iPod, they made it easy to download music into an MP3 player. With the iPhone, they made it easy to navigate using the touch screen.

Convenience stores are another example. They make it easy to buy everyday items, that's why they're so successful and that's why you find one on every corner. People pay for convenience and people pay for ease.

My balloon distribution business makes it easy for people to buy a certain type of balloon and it also makes it easy for certain businesses to sell them.

I would love to get some feedback on the sales copy. My website is easilydoable dot com. This forum does not let me post links.

Thanks
-Samir

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page